Comparison King Kutter standard vs professional tiller

/ King Kutter standard vs professional tiller #11  
You had an XB boxblade that would barely touch the ground on your BX2360? WOW

Sorry I didn't see this before. The lift arms on a BX only go down to 9" or 9.5" (to the center of the lift arm ball).The Xb box blade is a little small on a BX, I thought it looked funny. I think it could handle a full size 4ft no problem. I also have a woods RBC60 scraper blade that is the same way. It wouldn't work with the QH because the 3PH would not go low enough so I drilled to holes in the QH to lower it.

How low does your 3PH go?

Boy, I understand that problem! I tried using a cat 0 Brinly 12 inch, 3 point, 1 bottom plow and it wouldn't go down far enough to plow deeper than about 2-3 inches. I tried setting it up by driving the BX25's left side up onto 6" ramps so that I could get the plow sitting flat at the 6" plowing depth. I figured that I could fine tune from there. The plow wouldn't go down far enough to touch the ground, no matter what I tried. I finally got some info from others on this forum on drilling additional holes in the lift arms 2 inches closer to the tractor, and I bought another adjustable side link for the left side to match the one on the right so that I could lower that side too. I haven't yet tried out all of these modifications, so I still don't know if it's enough. Is it possible that Kubota adjusted the 3 point hitch to give more height, but lost that same amount on the low end? It seems like all they would have to do to achieve that is to change the position of the lift (arms?) on the splines coming out of the 3 point housing.

I have learned that there is a fine line between full size on SCUT implements. I am not buying any more before I measure the lift arm pin location.

/ King Kutter standard vs professional tiller
The weight of the KK tiller is one of the reasons I like it. I have a Gearmore 4' tiller that I run with my B7200D, but it is very light and bounces over everything. I too have a QH so the tiller I buy has to be compatible. I like the QH as I don't have to adjust the lift arms anymore, and with toplink adapters I've been able to use some of my non-QH equipment. The sight where I found the good online prices is McGee Farm Equipment, Inc. Not only good prices but reasonable shipping charges. I'm considering a reverse rotation tiller as they are only 135. bucks more, but then some of the posts I've read here say rocks get jammed up in them.

/ King Kutter standard vs professional tiller #13  
The weight of the KK tiller is one of the reasons I like it. I have a Gearmore 4' tiller that I run with my B7200D, but it is very light and bounces over everything. I too have a QH so the tiller I buy has to be compatible. I like the QH as I don't have to adjust the lift arms anymore, and with toplink adapters I've been able to use some of my non-QH equipment. The sight where I found the good online prices is McGee Farm Equipment, Inc. Not only good prices but reasonable shipping charges. I'm considering a reverse rotation tiller as they are only 135. bucks more, but then some of the posts I've read here say rocks get jammed up in them.

I just did a quick search and that King Kutter professional tiller looks to be the heaviest for the money. You don't have a local King Kutter dealer.

No local King Kutter dealer. The closest I've got is TSC. My local Kubota, New Holland and JD dealers want around $2,700 for their 5' tillers, plus 8.25% sales tax in this area.

Thought I'd give an up-date. I bought a Tater RTGR5 tiller. Looks like a King Kutter (except it's gray). I've noticed that quite a few tillers look the same (KK,Countyline(TSC), Tarter,etc.) but with little differences. They all claim they are the manufacturer, and made in the USA. Hard to tell. I have read up on alot of different tillers, and Tater looks like a good brand, and at $1,600 for a 5 footer delivered to my door, it was real hard to turn down. I went to TSC to look at theirs (which they say are made by KK), but they look alittle cheap. Bad paint job, etc. Tarter's tillers are powder coated, nice. So there you have it, what do you think? Will post pics. when it arrives.

/ King Kutter standard vs professional tiller #16  
Thought I'd give an up-date. I bought a Tater RTGR5 tiller. Looks like a King Kutter (except it's gray). I've noticed that quite a few tillers look the same (KK,Countyline(TSC), Tarter,etc.) but with little differences. They all claim they are the manufacturer, and made in the USA. Hard to tell. I have read up on alot of different tillers, and Tater looks like a good brand, and at $1,600 for a 5 footer delivered to my door, it was real hard to turn down. I went to TSC to look at theirs (which they say are made by KK), but they look alittle cheap. Bad paint job, etc. Tarter's tillers are powder coated, nice. So there you have it, what do you think? Will post pics. when it arrives.

KK, Countryline and Tarter are all the same tiller, just different paint. Yes the paint on the KK brand does stink, but mine is always stored inside and still looks like the day I brought it home in May of 2003!

$1600 shipped to your door, you done good and it wont disappoint you. Make sure you check to see if the gear box has oil in it!!

/ King Kutter standard vs professional tiller #17  
Sorry I didn't see this before. The lift arms on a BX only go down to 9" or 9.5" (to the center of the lift arm ball).The Xb box blade is a little small on a BX, I thought it looked funny. I think it could handle a full size 4ft no problem. I also have a woods RBC60 scraper blade that is the same way. It wouldn't work with the QH because the 3PH would not go low enough so I drilled to holes in the QH to lower it.

How low does your 3PH go?

I have learned that there is a fine line between full size on SCUT implements. I am not buying any more before I measure the lift arm pin location.
I totally missed this also, I just went out and 'hand measured'(couldn't find my tape measure), and I appear to be coming up with about 6 to 7 inches between the floor and cent on the ball ends.

EDIT: Found my tape measure, 5 and 1/2 inches to center of ball ends at the lowest point

Last edited:
   / King Kutter standard vs professional tiller #18  
I totally missed this also, I just went out and 'hand measured'(couldn't find my tape measure), and I appear to be coming up with about 6 to 7 inches between the floor and cent on the ball ends.

EDIT: Found my tape measure, 5 and 1/2 inches to center of ball ends at the lowest point

5 & 1/2" from the ground is much better than the 9 & 1/2" I originally had on my BX25. As i mentioned earlier in this thread my Brinly cat 0 12" plow wouldn't plow deeper than 2 or 3 inches. The extra 4 inches down travel that your tractor has would have worked fine if mine went that low. This all started with me when I bought a new Kubota ballast box, hooked it up to the 3 point hitch, and it wouldn't lower to the ground. I had to set the B. Box on 4x4's to install and remove it. I knew then that I'd have to be careful when buying anything that was ground engaging as the pins would have to be mounted high enough to allow the implement to reach full depth. I won't know for sure until Spring and I remove the front plow and Ballast box whether my previously mentioned modifications will work.

Well here's yet another update, the good and the bad. Bad-The Tarter tiller I bought (through Smith Equipment/Cub Cadet Superstore) $1,600 and free shipping didn't go through. They said they were out of stock, and the page where they were advertising it has been taken down. Good-Found the same tiller at Lowes ( Yes Lowes) for $1505. Bad-It's not yet available at the Paso Robles, CA store. Good-I took the price from Lowes to the Paso Robles Tractor Supply Company, where they sell the Tarter look alike (made by Behlen) for $1,699.99 and they sold it to me for $1,499.99 with tax=$1,612.49. Bad-It did not work with my Quick Hitch, Bummer!! Good-TSC took it back no problem, and I found out that design is not QH compatible. So it looks like a King Kutter Professional tiller is in my future.
On another note, after talking with the managers at TSC, found out that in the western US they sell Behlen equipment, and in the eastern US they sell Tarter. They used to sell King Kutter but KK wanted TSC to also repair the equipment and they said no to that.

/ King Kutter standard vs professional tiller #20  
Well here's yet another update, the good and the bad. Bad-The Tarter tiller I bought (through Smith Equipment/Cub Cadet Superstore) $1,600 and free shipping didn't go through. They said they were out of stock, and the page where they were advertising it has been taken down. Good-Found the same tiller at Lowes ( Yes Lowes) for $1505. Bad-It's not yet available at the Paso Robles, CA store. Good-I took the price from Lowes to the Paso Robles Tractor Supply Company, where they sell the Tarter look alike (made by Behlen) for $1,699.99 and they sold it to me for $1,499.99 with tax=$1,612.49. Bad-It did not work with my Quick Hitch, Bummer!! Good-TSC took it back no problem, and I found out that design is not QH compatible. So it looks like a King Kutter Professional tiller is in my future.
On another note, after talking with the managers at TSC, found out that in the western US they sell Behlen equipment, and in the eastern US they sell Tarter. They used to sell King Kutter but KK wanted TSC to also repair the equipment and they said no to that.

"I found out that design is not QH compatible." My KK tiller hooked right up to my Harbor Freight quick hitch.. I have the 27.5" QH