Comparison Cordless impact wrenches

/ Cordless impact wrenches #11  
I use my Makita almost daily, and some days, all day long. Read the reviews on Amazon before buying. There are several tool sites that do reviews also, but I like Amazon the best because it seems to have the best blend of buyers instead of being influenced by paid advertisers.

My 18v Makita is rated for 1,400 lbs with a fresh battery. I drove 32 4 inch lag bolts with it over the weekend without any problems. After years of using it, I'm still amazed at how easy it is to use. It's not an impact wrench, just a driver for screws that you can put an attachement onto it to do bolts.

I never buy phillps head screws if I can find star head or square head. Star is the fastest and easiest by far, but both are far supperior to phillips heads. It's night and day.

I have several tractors and have broke down all over the place. When I need something bigger, Sometimes I use a portable air compressor and generator if it's a huge job, but most of the time I just use a breaker bar with a pipe and do the rest with my impact driver.

You wont go wrong with any of the name brands, I just like Makita a lot better then anything else I've had. With all cordless tools, you are really buying the battery that you will commit to and then adding with more tools that run off of those batteries.

Eddie

/ Cordless impact wrenches #12  
I like my bosch 18v LI.

/ Cordless impact wrenches #13  
I should get one too...

18 volt power? I'm partial to Makita cordless tools have used them exclusivly for years but boy the prices on OEM replacement batteries for them has always been high. I see there is an adapter to use the new li ion batteries on the old ni cad fitted tools. Cant beat those new lithium battery packs

Just was looking online I saw Bosch 1/2 inch impact 14.4v 1600in lbs w 2 lithium batteries, charger, and case for $120..hey at least its blue :)

/ Cordless impact wrenches #16  
I have a DeWalt and while I only really used it hard in driving about 150 concrete bolts into 1/2" holes in concrete, it has done the job on every other task I have tried it on.

I started out with a couple of cordless DeWalt tools and sort of got trapped into getting all DeWalt, because the batteries are interchangeable.

I think all of the major brand cordless tools are going to be at least OK, so once I had a few from one brand, I just kept buying the same brand.

The other advantage of DeWalt is that every once in a while they will have a sale on the batteries, two for $99 instead of the usual $89 each. Whenever I see a sale, I get two batteries, which can be used in all their tools.

/ Cordless impact wrenches #17  
My Snap-On 18v 1/2" drive impact is awesome. It has gotten to the point that I rarely fire up my compressor to use my air impacts, and more times than not if my cordless won't do the job, I end up having to use my 3/4" gun.

Who makes it for Snap-on?

/ Cordless impact wrenches #19  
I have no idea, I am assuming they are making their own, I haven't seen the design anywhere else, but I could be wrong.

Snap on does not make their own electrical tools.

/ Cordless impact wrenches #20  
I think snap on does male their own battery impact.