Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Cordless impact wrenches

I'm looking to purchase either a dewalt or a Milwaukee and was wondering what everybody uses and what are some pros and cons

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: Cordless impact wrenches

Murph ------------

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

Never had a cordless impact wrench, but I've had a few impact drivers for screws and lag bolts. Makita is by far the best I've ever come across and I highly recomend them. Dewalt and Milwukee are fine for mild use, general home owner usage.

Eddie

Tractor
    01 Kubota B21TLB, 2010 Ferris 52" ZTR, Cub Cadet 1811, Gravely Super8

Welcome to TBN and like Eddie, I use cordless impact drivers Bosch 18V LI that have been very good. I looked at the true cordless impact driver 1/2" and they are spendy, the torque they generate vs a air impact wrench is less and the air impact wrench is much more cost effective.

Depends on what you are trying to do if you must have cordless, both Dewault and Milwaukie are very good brands.

Carl
    Kubota B21TLB, Ferris IS2000, Cub Cadet 1811

im looking for something for around the farm away from the shop. so it needs to be able to take a beating.

I just got a cordless extension (cord) for all my cordless tools...
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Tractor
    jd 1070

Quote Originally Posted by angusguy View Post
    I'm looking to purchase either a dewalt or a Milwaukee and was wondering what everybody uses and what are some pros and cons
    I have an older 18V Milwaukee and use it for quite a few things besides just lug bolts. It drives fence screws, lag bolts and stone guard bolts on my haymower. It has plenty of power. I use it more often to break bolts because on some of my older machinery and windmills. It takes less battery time to snap them than to unravel them. It can break a non-impact socket, so you need to have a set of them on hand as well as a spare battery or two. I don't recommend using it to remove finish mower blade bolts because it can cause the blade to spin around and cut you somewhere. I also use it to true up threads on bolts that have some thread damage. It runs a nut up so fast that it cleans the thread very well. Yes, you can do all of this with air, but when you are out in the middle of nowhere changing a tire, you thank your lucky stars that you have one. Mine has enough grunt to change out all 6 nuts on 4 wheels on my truck and put them back on before it starts to tire. I got a 4 pack of the newer higher capacity batteries on eBay. The Milwaukee batteries tend to be more expensive, though. A friend of mine buys the cheaper 18v batteries at the box stores (Dewalt) and changes them out into the Milwaukee cases. I've not had to do that yet. I don't run the batteries down far enough to let one flip signs and cause volyage problems.

Mine is well built and sturdy. It's survived a few 30' falls from the windmill towers. Yes, its kinda heavy.
    There is no "I" in team, but there is a "Me" if you want to jumble it up a bit...

im looking for something for around the farm away from the shop. so it needs to be able to take a beating.
    My Snap-On 18v 1/2" drive impact is awesome. It has gotten to the point that I rarely fire up my compressor to use my air impacts, and more times than not if my cordless won't do the job, I end up having to use my 3/4" gun.

im looking for something cheaper than snap on. but yea ive seen those work and they are nice.

im looking for something cheaper than snap on. but yea ive seen those work and they are nice.
    Yes they are spendy, but they can absolutely take a beating and have a ton of power.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast