Buying Advice Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #21  
Michigan Iron just quoted me $20,804...decisions, decisions!
Go with Michigan Iron & don,t look back.I have been doing business with them for quite a few years now and can tell you they are top notch BAR NONE.Do a search in the Kioti section of this website about michigan iron and then make your choice.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #22  
I have LS and Kubota tractors and both are quality machines. I would buy LS again if the price was right. What it comes down to is1)fit-does it fit you ergonomically;2) finish-does the tractor appear to be of quality construction; 3)PRICE-HOW MUCH DOES IT COST FOR COMPARABLE MACHINES; 4)dealership- do you get a good feeling when talking to the dealer, do they have a good service dept etc. I put the dealer 4th because I think most folks put too much emphasis on the dealer when really you just want a good price and a good tractor. Sure it makes life enjoyable with a dealer that gets on hands and knees when you come it, but really if you have no problems with your tractor, do you need to visit your dealer just to gab. I dont.
Most all tractors made today are somewhat comparable in quality and durability. If you get a good well made tractor, chances are that you wont be back to the dealer very often except maybe for filters and even those are sometimes available from outside the dealer.
In summation, get the tractor that fits you best, that has the best price with all the options that you want. LS, Kioti, Kubota, JD, MF, NH, Case IH all make good tractors. Some just fit an individual better than others which is why I got the LS (that and many thousands less in price)

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H
Go with Michigan Iron & don,t look back.I have been doing business with them for quite a few years now and can tell you they are top notch BAR NONE.Do a search in the Kioti section of this website about michigan iron and then make your choice.

I spoke to the woman who answered the phone at M.I. for quite a while, and it was obvious she knew what she was talking about, and was very friendly. Unfortunately, they aren't open again until Wed, and the cash back program ends on the 31st, so if I decide on Kioti, I just have to wait and see what program they release in January, and how it will impact prices. She said they won't know anything until 2 January, so it's a roll of the dice. I'm going to do a little test drive comparing the two in the morning, and hopefully decide.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #24  
I spoke to the woman who answered the phone at M.I. for quite a while, and it was obvious she knew what she was talking about, and was very friendly. Unfortunately, they aren't open again until Wed, and the cash back program ends on the 31st, so if I decide on Kioti, I just have to wait and see what program they release in January, and how it will impact prices. She said they won't know anything until 2 January, so it's a roll of the dice. I'm going to do a little test drive comparing the two in the morning, and hopefully decide.
I would say you spoke with denise she and bob own Michigan Iron she is sharp.Hope whatever you choose it works out well for you.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #25  
M I @ Equipment are in Morrice not Mt Morris.Great folks to deal with.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #26  
M I @ Equipment are in Morrice not Mt Morris.Great folks to deal with.
OPPS.I new I was close.I always say perry mi since there just north east of town.coobie

Well, it was one heck of an agonizing decision yesterday! I went back and forth between the two, and it really was a tie. I liked some things on the LS better, and others on the Kioti better. The dealer was really helpful. He started both tractors, gave me the 5min walkaround on each one, said "have fun" and walked away for half an hour. I ran them around the lot, through 1ft of snow, off road, on road, up a couple of big dirt piles, and got a pretty good feel for them. To be honest, I was expecting to lean towards the Kioti before i ran them, but I wound up in a dead heat. Then, I asked the dealer a silly question....how much for an LS R4047H? Turns out he had a pending order, and if he added one more, it would fill the truck, so he dropped the price on the 4047....or so he said :) Delivered, with a set of front forks, it was $22,250. That's just a bit more than the Kioti with forks would have been from M.I., and I would have likely had a delivery charge....even if they delivered free, I still got more power, a second set of remotes, bigger tires, and a rear work light for about even money. If I went there three more times I may have gone with the Kioti twice....it was really that close a call for me. Not sure on delivery, but with the holiday, it may not be until the week after next....pics to follow!

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #28  
As long as your happy, congrats.

As long as your happy, congrats.

Thanks...everybody here gave really good advice. Honestly, I don't think there's a loser between any of them. I don't have any buyer's remorse, but I'm sure I'll keep wondering "should I have gone with the Kioti" until I've had the LS long enough to be certain. Maybe my wife will like running it so much that I have to buy a second, and can get the other brand so I don't have to wonder :)

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #30  
In the 40-50hp range, it is very close with ALL the tractor manufacturers IMO. Pretty much comes down to personal preferences. I think that you will be very happy with the 4047. The only thing that you might check on ASAP is what it would cost to get the 3rd rear remote . You can never have enough rear remotes. None of us are getting any younger and having hydraulics to make our adjustments sure is nice. :thumbsup: At least this way you would have the full capability of your machine at your finger tips. ;)