Shootout at high noon tomorrow

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow #21  
I have a question. The Magnolia dealer said he moves the tires to their widest point and fills them with fluid. He said the center of the tire was about at the outside edge of the rear fender. Do you guys set the tires out this much?

Yep we have some fairly steep slopes on some of our properties and if we didn't fill them and put them all the way out, I would be upside down somewhere.

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow #22  
Just FYI,
I had "spoken" with TripleR about that very same topic, the width of the tires, and from what I have gathered from his very helpful information, was that his final width is right around 80" from the outer edge of one tire, to the outer edge of the next.
Thanks again for all that info Larry! (and correct me if I'm wrong:laughing:)

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow #23  
Just FYI,
I had "spoken" with TripleR about that very same topic, the width of the tires, and from what I have gathered from his very helpful information, was that his final width is right around 80" from the outer edge of one tire, to the outer edge of the next.
Thanks again for all that info Larry! (and correct me if I'm wrong:laughing:)

You pretty much have it judging on the overhang on each side of my 84" box blade.

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow
Thanks TripleR, I think the tire setting looks good on your tractor, and plus it it safe.

Mike

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow #25  
The positive term of "wide in the rear" is only applicable when talking about tractors.:cool:

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow #26  
MessickFarmEqu talked me our of it. Neither the 5083E or the 8560M has an intercooler wmonroe. Without a doubt sdkubota, that would be the John Deere. According to the back of the New Holland card, I have been looking at and test driving tractors since April 14th 2011.

View attachment 295077

Now, it is time to buy one. Man them Deers's are high. I found a new New Holland T4030 with loader for $38,000, but it does not have a cab. This is what I should buy, but I'm getting soft at 60 years old, so the AC is nice.

What happened Don. I don't know. View attachment 295078
You purchased a 5083:)............Congrats. Pics please.

The positive term of "wide in the rear" is only applicable when talking about tractors.:cool:

I herd that. My wife mentions that sometimes. I'm wide in the middle, so I'm not saying nothing.

Don, I am going to sign the papers this Saturday. I do not know if he will have to order it, but I will definitely post some photos.

I kinda feel like I'm getting an 18" crescent wrench to turn a 7/16 nut.

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow #28  
I herd that. My wife mentions that sometimes. I'm wide in the middle, so I'm not saying nothing.

Don, I am going to sign the papers this Saturday. I do not know if he will have to order it, but I will definitely post some photos.

Not to worry, I have found that tractors "shrink" once you get them home. I grew up farming with fairly small 30-50HP tractors and remember the first time I drove a "big" tractor, Case CX80; got use to it really quickly.

I have actually mowed my sons yard a few times with our M8540 with a Woods DS1260 pull type rotary cutter and he has plenty of trees and shrubs. My wife trimmed it up with our BX, but I managed to do a pretty good job and not hit anything. You will be surprised how quickly you adapt.

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow #29  

I felt that way when I boughten current tractor. I thought it was much bigger than I needed, however now I realize its not big enough!

I bet you'll be extremely happy with your purchase!

For some reason my wife got upset about post #27 oh.gif