Shootout at high noon tomorrow

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow #1  

jmwilson

Bronze Member
I went to the bank Thursday to check out some money to order a Kubota M8560. About 8 o団lock this morning (Friday) the John Deere salesman called, and he said he had a deal for me. I have looked at and sit in a 5083E. I have never driven one, so I went to a town about 30 miles and drove one for about 15 minutes. The salesman opened the hood to show me how easy the air filter was to get at. I asked him if this was the after cooler for the turbo, and he said it was. Is this a salesman pitch? I didn稚 think the 5083E had a after cooler. Anyway, now I知 thinking about ordering a 5083E. Life is just down right difficult sometimes. At 12 tomorrow the zero % ends on the Kubota.

Getting nowhere
Mike

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow #2  
What made you decide on the Kubota over the Deere before? I don't know if the Kubota has an intercooler, but i'm sure the air filter is easy to get to, similiar to the Deere. Buy whichever one you are the most comfortable with, has the better dealer, and will make you happiest.

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow #3  
I would test drive each and try out the loader (assuming you are getting one attached). Then I would try to find out what a 5 year old tractor with 3000 hrs sells for on each model. Look at the initial price and your answer will be aparent. While nobody buys a tractor with the thought of selling it, ultimately that will determine the best deal and what the market considers the best tractor in that hp range. Or toss a coin...

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow #4  
I went to the bank Thursday to check out some money to order a Kubota M8560. About 8 o団lock this morning (Friday) the John Deere salesman called, and he said he had a deal for me. I have looked at and sit in a 5083E. I have never driven one, so I went to a town about 30 miles and drove one for about 15 minutes. The salesman opened the hood to show me how easy the air filter was to get at. I asked him if this was the after cooler for the turbo, and he said it was. Is this a salesman pitch? I didn稚 think the 5083E had a after cooler. Anyway, now I知 thinking about ordering a 5083E. Life is just down right difficult sometimes. At 12 tomorrow the zero % ends on the Kubota.

Getting nowhere
Mike
What happened?

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow
MessickFarmEqu talked me our of it. Neither the 5083E or the 8560M has an intercooler wmonroe. Without a doubt sdkubota, that would be the John Deere. According to the back of the New Holland card, I have been looking at and test driving tractors since April 14th 2011.

t4030.jpg

Now, it is time to buy one. Man them Deers's are high. I found a new New Holland T4030 with loader for $38,000, but it does not have a cab. This is what I should buy, but I'm getting soft at 60 years old, so the AC is nice.

What happened Don. I don't know. wondering.gif

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow #6  
I think if all else is equal, I would go with which ever color has the best dealer and support in my area. If Messicks is your local dealer you could not have a better dealer. ( although I see you are in AR.?)

Messicks went above and beyond to help me out multiple times. They even delivered my new tractor in a major blizzard 3 hours from their dealership because they knew I was in dire need that day. I think if you do a search on this site you will see that Messicks is the gold standard in dealerships.

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow
I think Messicks is a fine guy, and an excellent dealer. Actually, that was just a bad remark on my part. The Magnolia dealer, the 5083 I test drove, said he would charge me $500 round trip for any warranty work. The JD dealer in Conway said, if the field mechanic couldn't fix it, the tractor would be trailered to and from the dealership for any warranty work at no charge. I like that. I have known the Camden Kubota dealer for years, and he is a fine fellow. Although I have had nothing but trouble out of my Kubota 1860G. It spends more time in the shop than it does mowing, and it only has a little over 300 hours on it. It needs to go back to the shop now.
A 60 to 70 HP tractor is all I need, but I just want a larger tractor. Funny how some people are.

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow #8  
As long as the topic of turbo inner cooler came up...what is it and why is it advantageous to have one?

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow #9  
It cools down the air going into the engine which means that you get a little more power out of it.

Aaron Z

/ Shootout at high noon tomorrow #10  
It cools down the air going into the engine which means that you get a little more power out of it.

Aaron Z

That raises my curiosity...since the job of a turbocharger is to ram a tremendous amount of air into and out of the combustion chamber, how does it pre-cool it? Sorry...just curious.