New Holland T4.75 with 64PTO HP and self leveling loader

/ New Holland T4.75 with 64PTO HP and self leveling loader #11  
I bought a T5070 a few months back, and it has been great, one small issue that the dealer came to my house and fixed. As far as his loader issues, I wonder what brand he had? My loader came through New Holland and is made by Alo, who I believe have a reputation of making some of the best loaders on the planet. Not bashing your post, just trying to temper a bad experience with a good one. (Gratuitous photo attached)

That is a nice looking tractor. He had a NH loader on his tractor. Aren't a lot of loaders on the larger tractors made by Alo? I guess the cylinders leaking is not really NH's fault.

/ New Holland T4.75 with 64PTO HP and self leveling loader #12  
That is a nice looking tractor. He had a NH loader on his tractor. Aren't a lot of loaders on the larger tractors made by Alo? I guess the cylinders leaking is not really NH's fault.

Thanks, I'm loving it. Truth is, I've had so many different brands of vehicles and equipment, I've learned that they all put out a lemon every now and again.

/ New Holland T4.75 with 64PTO HP and self leveling loader #13  
Noise Sensitivity.

I measured the sound level in the cab of a new NH T4.75 cab at 2000 RPM and it was 84 dBA - terrible! A similar Kubota 5140 at same conditions measured 74 dBA which is very good - most Kubotas in this class are nosier.

Think about the difference of 10 dBA when you spend 6 hours mowing a hayfield or trying to listen to your radio. It is about 8 x higher sound pressure level, or about 2 x higher to your ears. The really quiet tractors are some of the larger model John Deere and IH models - about 69-70 dBA which is quieter than your average car.

Unfortunately, there are no good sources for cab sound levels for all tractors (or automobiles), with the best being the Nebraska tractor tests, but they don't test many compact or medium size tractors with cabs - almost no Kubotas.

My 1999 JD 6310 (80 PTO) measured by me and listed in the Nebraska Tests was 73 dBA - still one of the quietest tractors.

So, if you are concerned about noise in the purchase of a tractor or car, then buy a simple sound level meter (~$50 at Radio Shack or web) or get an iphone app for free or less.

/ New Holland T4.75 with 64PTO HP and self leveling loader
Noise Sensitivity.

I measured the sound level in the cab of a new NH T4.75 cab at 2000 RPM and it was 84 dBA - terrible! A similar Kubota 5140 at same conditions measured 74 dBA which is very good - most Kubotas in this class are nosier.

Think about the difference of 10 dBA when you spend 6 hours mowing a hayfield or trying to listen to your radio. It is about 8 x higher sound pressure level, or about 2 x higher to your ears. The really quiet tractors are some of the larger model John Deere and IH models - about 69-70 dBA which is quieter than your average car.

Unfortunately, there are no good sources for cab sound levels for all tractors (or automobiles), with the best being the Nebraska tractor tests, but they don't test many compact or medium size tractors with cabs - almost no Kubotas.

My 1999 JD 6310 (80 PTO) measured by me and listed in the Nebraska Tests was 73 dBA - still one of the quietest tractors.

So, if you are concerned about noise in the purchase of a tractor or car, then buy a simple sound level meter (~$50 at Radio Shack or web) or get an iphone app for free or less.

I'd be interested to see how this noise level compares to the M7040 and JD 5083E. Maybe even the new JD 5075E cab, I think those three would be more closely comparable to the 4.75. The 5140 has quite a bit less HP and my not be a good apples to apples comparison.

However, for reference, what is the sound level at PTO speed in a Grand L5740 cab or JD4720 cab?

/ New Holland T4.75 with 64PTO HP and self leveling loader
Just to update this thread, I did hear back from the dealer regarding the FEL lift capacity for the self leveling loader. He confirmed it to be 3,179lbs.

Also, I found this literature on the T4.75...
http://agriculture.newholland.com/uk/en/Products/Tractors/Documents/T4powerstar_110001_INB.pdf
Note that this is a UK version.

On page 15, it states the following regarding 3pt hitch capacity...

"Measured at the ball ends, the rear linkage has a maximum lift capacity of up to 2715kg when specified with the optional external assistor-rams. The robust and heavy duty design means even the heaviest implements can be lifted with ease."
That equates to just under 6,000lbs at the ball ends. The US version shows just shy of 4,900lbs at the ball ends.

Is the US version available with the higher lift capacity external cylinders?

The UK version also shows an optional GPS system. Not that I would want this, but I haven't seen that option in the US. I'm assuming that the UK has a different version of the powerstars than we get?

/ New Holland T4.75 with 64PTO HP and self leveling loader #16  
piston the sound level in the cab of a 5740 is not to bad there one up the strret