Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Default New Holland T4.75 with 64PTO HP and self leveling loader

I've seen these two threads on the forum regarding the 4.75's:
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/n...r-t4-75-a.html
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/n...star-line.html

Aside from that, I haven't seen much talk on the them recently, and have been looking in to them myself.
    I've gone on the NH website and priced one out using the build your own tools. I added all the options I would want and spent a few nights dreaming about it. So far, dreams are all that I've experienced with this tractor

I'm wondering if anyone has purchased this tractor yet, and if so, if you could post here on how you like it, and maybe answer some questions, as well as post a couple pics.

My first question is regarding the lift capacity of the 655TL, self leveling loader.
    One of the more important things to me is loader lift capacity, and upon researching some specs on the lift capacity, I've found some different numbers that were both put out by NH.

I'm confused on which one is correct, or if I'm just missing something?
    The following numbers are all given at 800mm, and for the self leveling loader.

According to this link from New Holland: http://agriculture.newholland.com/Pu...erStar_NAR.pdf
    For the self leveling NH 655TL loader, it lists:

Lift Capacity: 2,356lbs
    Breakout Force: 3,819lbs.

I also found this link, also from New Holland: http://agriculture.newholland.com/us...NH31T47513.pdf
    Here, they list the lift capacity to be:

Lift Capacity: 3,179lbs
    Breakout Force: 4,665lbs.

Obviously, there is quite a difference there? Does anyone have any insight as to which would be correct?
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Bronze Member

Default Re: New Holland T4.75 with 64PTO HP and self leveling loader

Piston, your second link on page 11 gives these specification. http://agriculture.newholland.com/us...NH31T47513.pdf

NON SELF- Leveling Lift capacity 2,478 lb

SELF- Leveling Lift capacity 3,179

This is for the 655TL FRONT LOADER

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Thanks Jim,

I have emailed the dealer to see if he could clarify for me. He gave me a quote on a 4.75 configured the way I'd want it. It was way too close to the MSRP on the build your own section of the website.
    I'm also going to check with the case dealer to see how much a red one costs. The case website doesn't even list them as an option in the build your own section.
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

I know a guy that bought a New Holland T5050 a few months back. He had it a Few days and a bunch of the cylinders on the loader started leaking. Then he could not get a full tank of fuel in it cause a vent hose was kinked shut. He said now the front wiper won't run on high. He also said that his old David Brown with a Great Bend Loader will out lift the NH. He said it won't pick the back wheels off the ground. I know a few people around here that have had quite a few problems with their NH.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Gold Member
    Tractor
    all new holland

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    I know a guy that bought a New Holland T5050 a few months back. He had it a Few days and a bunch of the cylinders on the loader started leaking. Then he could not get a full tank of fuel in it cause a vent hose was kinked shut. He said now the front wiper won't run on high. He also said that his old David Brown with a Great Bend Loader will out lift the NH. He said it won't pick the back wheels off the ground. I know a few people around here that have had quite a few problems with their NH.
    sounds liek your buddy has bad cylinders on the loader, which happesn from time to time on ANY brand not just a NH. The vent hose is an easy fix, the factory sometimes gets them kinked.....and i hope that the tractor's back wheels dont come off the groudn when lifting something, that would be a little scary and dangerous......the loaders on teh T5000, will lift plenty........over 3000# to be exact...

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnh View Post
    sounds liek your buddy has bad cylinders on the loader, which happesn from time to time on ANY brand not just a NH. The vent hose is an easy fix, the factory sometimes gets them kinked.....and i hope that the tractor's back wheels dont come off the groudn when lifting something, that would be a little scary and dangerous......the loaders on teh T5000, will lift plenty........over 3000# to be exact...
    I think he is one of these guys that does not use a ballast. I told him to have the dealer to check the pressure on the loader but he did not seem to care even though he was complaining.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Tractor
    Kubota M7040

On the POWERSTAR 4.75 as for as PRICE goes get the best price from a NH dealer on all the things you want on the tractor, after you get the NH dealers PRICE. The next step or what I would do is Price the exact same TRACTOR witch is a 75C in CASE IH and don't be surprised if the IH is less money. When I was Tractor shopping and thinking like you that is what I discovered anyway. Good luck with whatever you decide after all it's what you want for the best PRICE.

Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

When I looked at the red one it was 8,000 cheaper than the powerstar with same everything.

Tractor
    New Holland T5070

I'll throw up some pics of the PowerStar I had. Really liked the tractor, just needed to go bigger and couldn't keep both...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Holland T4.75 with 64PTO HP and self leveling loader-image-398392779.jpg   New Holland T4.75 with 64PTO HP and self leveling loader-image-1962418933.jpg  
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -
    Benjamin Franklin

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
    -Winston Churchill

Tractor
    New Holland T5070

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    I bought a T5070 a few months back, and it has been great, one small issue that the dealer came to my house and fixed. As far as his loader issues, I wonder what brand he had? My loader came through New Holland and is made by Alo, who I believe have a reputation of making some of the best loaders on the planet. Not bashing your post, just trying to temper a bad experience with a good one. (Gratuitous photo attached)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Holland T4.75 with 64PTO HP and self leveling loader-image-3274696715.jpg  
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -
    Benjamin Franklin

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
    -Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast