Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gold Member uglyboywith11fingers's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 BX24TLB, 1998 TG1860G

Default Re: Looking for a 40hp tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Verticaltrx View Post
    How much land do you have and what other uses do you have for a larger tractor?
    how much driveway are you clearing that it takes 3 hours ??? and are you using a blade, FEL or blower ?

Gold Member uglyboywith11fingers's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 BX24TLB, 1998 TG1860G

Quote Originally Posted by JerryK View Post
    Tuff day when the wife makes you buy a bigger tractor.......... I feel for ya........ Remember to take deep breaths........ Hang in there buddy........
    Yeah... not too many days go by that my wife doesn't remind me that I used our European Vacation money to buy my tractor... (oops)

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    jd 1050 LS I3040H. CASE SC

Sounds like your bragging, having your wife tell you to get a bigger tractor! I only get to hear that when I am sleeping!

I would look at all brands. I have been very pleased with the LS. Really depends on what you will be doing the most. Getting the tractor that feels right sure makes the project go better.

Good luck in your search.
    LS I3040H w/ loader
    JD 1050 w/ loader and backhoe
    Case SC. 1952

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Quote Originally Posted by vwnotrunning View Post
    Sounds like your bragging, having your wife tell you to get a bigger tractor! I only get to hear that when I am sleeping!

I would look at all brands. I have been very pleased with the LS. Really depends on what you will be doing the most. Getting the tractor that feels right sure makes the project go better.

Good luck in your search.

Yeah, he makes it sound like she is doing all the plowing.
    Better hurry before she changes her mind.

I agree that it would help to know more about your uses for a tractor and three hours sounds like a long time to clear a drive.

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

Some really good information in this thread. The only recommendation I have would be to know your dealer and proximity to you is a major factor. Parts availability, business record, and support after the sale. We all have our favorite brands and most are good machines. I cannot stress enough about good dealer support.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

I was going through the same scenario recently. Of the brands you mention dealer support for, I liked the Kioti the best. I looked at pretty much everything in that range, and it came down to Kioti or LS, and really liked both of them. I wound up getting the LS in 47HP instead of 41, but I'm certain I would have been happy with the Kioti. The thread is only a couple from this one, and it had some great advice. LS R4047H with FEL, and pallet forks, out the door, and delivered, for $22,250 to give you a reference point. Now, I have to wait for it to get here from NC!

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

I have been very happy with my TC40D over the last couple of years. It is 11 years old though(got used a couple years ago, now 650 hours). But, I also liked the similar HP kubota's I have used in the past(rentals). I was actually looking for a L3410, but the second I sold the smaller Kubota, the local market for used L3410 dried up...

If you are dealing with snow, would maybe a good snowblower be as important as the actual tractor itself?

What about a 30-40hp compact track loader or skidsteer for moving snow?

I usually mention what has been said already in this thread; try everything you can... I really like Kubota, but have been really happy with this New Holland too(I like the brake and HST layout a lot).
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

Tractor
    2008 Mahindra 5525, 1964 MF-135 diesel, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF, 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop, 1949 JD B widefront

Quote Originally Posted by prollynotjeff View Post
    Hey guys I am looking to upgrade to the 40hp area. My wife says that my gc2600 just isnt cutting it ( took 3hrs to clear the driveway the last 2 times) Tractor, loader, back blade is a must but a backhoe is a strong want. I really enjoy my massey and a new one is high on the list got a quote on a 1540. I know everyone has their favorites but let me know so pros and cons. I am looking to keep it under 30k brand new and I have local support for Massey F, kioti, kubota, deere, New Holland,case. Thanks!
    My neighbor has a Kubota L4400 with a 6-ft wide FEL bucket. Nice, solid machine that purrs along (my Mahindra 5525 has a loud diesel sound by comparison, which, of course, I really like). Four years ago he paid about $27K including a 6-ft brush hog and a nice post hole digger in the deal.

Too bad you don't have a local Mahindra dealer. My 2008 5525 with 6-ft FEL bucket (with skid steer quick attach) and triple rear hydraulic remotes (dealer design and install) cost me about $19K.

Good luck

Gold Member
    Tractor
    DK50SE Cab

A Kioti DKxxSE will fit your budget....Backhoe and all.

Tractor
    Kioti DK40

I actually do have a Mahindra dealer near by also, all of the dealers are aprox 30-45mins from me.

The drive way is steep in one part and the snow doesnt have room to be pushed to the side really. I also clear a path to my shed a 35x60 parking area and a large path to my wood boiler.

I have ten acres at my house and then another 70 and 100 acre lot I will be using at to skid logs and maintain roads.

Thanks for all the great input guys!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast