Looking for a 40hp tractor

/ Looking for a 40hp tractor #1  

prollynotjeff

Tractor
Kioti DK40SE
Hey guys I am looking to upgrade to the 40hp area. My wife says that my gc2600 just isnt cutting it ( took 3hrs to clear the driveway the last 2 times) Tractor, loader, back blade is a must but a backhoe is a strong want. I really enjoy my massey and a new one is high on the list got a quote on a 1540. I know everyone has their favorites but let me know so pros and cons. I am looking to keep it under 30k brand new and I have local support for Massey F, kioti, kubota, deere, New Holland,case. Thanks!

/ Looking for a 40hp tractor #2  
How much land do you have and what other uses do you have for a larger tractor?

/ Looking for a 40hp tractor #3  
A real nice tractor for you would be a Kubota L3540 with a Cab and the LA724 loader but it will push your budget to the max. The grand l kubotas have HST +. It gives you 2 speeds in each range, stall guard, and you can adjust the responsiveness of the hydro. You also have auto throttle advance which links the hydro pedal to the throttle.

/ Looking for a 40hp tractor #4  
Hey guys I am looking to upgrade to the 40hp area. My wife says that my gc2600 just isnt cutting it ( took 3hrs to clear the driveway the last 2 times) Tractor, loader, back blade is a must but a backhoe is a strong want. I really enjoy my massey and a new one is high on the list got a quote on a 1540. I know everyone has their favorites but let me know so pros and cons. I am looking to keep it under 30k brand new and I have local support for Massey F, kioti, kubota, deere, New Holland,case. Thanks!

I step out and recommend Mahindra...my 4035 is a beast...however probably more important is after the sale stuff like service, warranty, relationship to dealer etc...I'd also recommend you go drive each one and canvass the appropriate owner forum for each model you seriously consider...

My mahindra had a hydro blowout at less than 10 hrs...dealer fixed it at my house, no questions and no hassles ! Was very pleased with his service...other than that no real problems and I've been pretty rough on it over the past few months...things I like, easy to service with easy access to all filters, stout FEL, very heavy for a 40 hp (read good traction) like the power shuttle, like dash gages...hate the hood latch and wish it had two factory remotes instead of one...just a mahindra biased opinion...:D. Oh yeah got a free tractor with a $24K hat...price was OTD...

/ Looking for a 40hp tractor #5  
Well, you are looking in what I believe to be the hardest power zone to decide on. It seems to me that most of the tractors that are in the 40-50hp area are all REAL good tractors. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You really wouldn't go wrong with any of them. My suggestion would be to go to all those dealers that you listed and take a look at what they have. Sit on EVERY tractor of the appropriate size that you can. What one of us thinks might be great, you might HATE. Some stuff just fits some of us and not others. I would get the tractor that fits YOU the best. Are all the controls where they are comfortable for you to use.

Many people say, not to worry about that, that you will get use to it. I say why? :confused2: Why hassle with getting use to something when the next tractor over may fit you perfectly, each to their own though. Look at all the models, pick out 2-3 of them that you like and then go shopping for price if it is close between any of them. I would pick a machine with a bad dealer before a tractor that I didn't really care for to be able to get a good dealer. Unless you are using the tractor to make a living with, having a good dealer just isn't that big of a deal to me. But then that may just be me.

Good luck with your search and have some fun. ;)

/ Looking for a 40hp tractor #6  
For 99% of what most people do with their tractors, they could get their work done with just about any of the major models available and be very happy with how it performed. They will all tow, mow, till, grade, move dirt, etc. pretty darn well. While one model may have a particular feature that out-specs the competition, there's really not much that falls in the category of "Gee, I'm really smart and lucky I bought my favorite brand because every other tractor in the world would fail miserably at this job." And if someone says you need to buy the same tractor he owns because it's just so much better than everything else, I'd just respectfully say you need to reach your own conclusions because the most important distinctions end up being personal preference, how good are the dealers, are there some features that make one easier to use, etc. And price comes into the equation also, of course. So compare them all, find the one(s) you like best and enjoy it.

/ Looking for a 40hp tractor #7  
Bought a used JD 3520 in September and been very happy with it. I have the 300CX FEL loader and bought a brush cutter, box blade, PTO chipper which it handles fine. Also have a Danuser PHD, york rake and back blade that I got at auction. Two days ago used my snow blade that slide on the FEL and it pushed all the snow. It has handled every job I have thrown at it.

/ Looking for a 40hp tractor #8  
I'm not as familiar with the other brands but the Deere 3520, 3720, 4120, 4500, 4600, 4510, and 4610 are all in that power range. I looked hard at the 3520 and 3720 before I bought my 4320. The overall weight, clearance, and loader capacity made ny decision for me. I love my 4320 and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Shop around, get some seat time, do some research, and make an informed decision.

/ Looking for a 40hp tractor #9  
Tuff day when the wife makes you buy a bigger tractor.......... I feel for ya........ Remember to take deep breaths........ Hang in there buddy........ :)

/ Looking for a 40hp tractor #10  
It has been said here MANY times, dollar for dollar, you can't beat a Kioti DK40se.

I LOVE my DK50se...

Be well, have fun shopping.

David