Results 11 to 11 of 11
07-17-2003, 01:43 PM #11
- Join Date
- Jul 2003
- WV Panhandle
- Kioti DK45
Re: NH 12/12 shuttle -vs- Kioti 8/8 shuttle
Our DK45 has 12 speeds and with time we started to us them. Here are a few situations where we use the low range:
1) Dragging large trees (L2-4).
2) Nudging large objects for the final placement (L3-4).
3) Tilling (L1).
4) Having the wife final position the tractor while I attach an implement (L2-3).
5) Having the wife final position the tractor while I chain something to the bucket (L2-3).
6) Breaking roots with the box blade scarifiers (L4).
7) Threading or getting the tractor through some tight spots (L4).
8) Moving unusually heavy objects with the FEL (L2-4).
L1 is .23 MPH and does not get used much except for tilling. The majority of the other situations are for increased safety. At times, I wish that there were a few more gears between the medium and high range. Consider the DK45 as opposed to the DK40 because the creeper gears are standard. The extra horsepower is also a plus.