NH 12/12 shuttle -vs- Kioti 8/8 shuttle

/ NH 12/12 shuttle -vs- Kioti 8/8 shuttle #1  

griz

Tractor
Case DX 40 8/1/03
Hello everyone! Well I am getting so very close to buying time! I am still looking seriously at the tc 40, with a dk40 (kioti) right behind it. The nh has a 12/12 trans. and the kioti has a 8/8. Does anyone have any comments on advantages for either. Both are equiped basically the same except the kioti has tilt seat and steering and weighs 600# more. Except for that and the tranny difference I have them both equiped the same, and the kioti is about $2000 less. Both dealers are great and about the same driving difference. The nh is more comfortable to me in a few different ways, leg room, hood visabilty, and loader joystick location. Annnnnnny opinions would be very welcome. Is the $2000 worth it? Thanks, Griz.

/ NH 12/12 shuttle -vs- Kioti 8/8 shuttle #2  
<font color="blue">...The nh is more comfortable to me in a few different ways, leg room, hood visabilty, and loader joystick location. ... Is the $2000 worth it?... </font>

Over the long term of ownership in YEARS... Absolutely YES! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ NH 12/12 shuttle -vs- Kioti 8/8 shuttle #3  
I really don't think that the transmission would make much difference. Having the leg room and the ease of the joystick has got to be worth something in the long run. The Kioti is a good tractor but I am not so sure the resale value would be near as good as the New Holland a few years down the road. I think Kioti's resale is getting better but I still think the New Holland would hang in there longer.

Just my two cents worth and really not sure it is worth two cents

murph

/ NH 12/12 shuttle -vs- Kioti 8/8 shuttle #4  
You getting a loader? That may influence your decision, as I feel the 16LA on the NH is one of the nicest units going. If you are not, it sounds like the Kioti has some advantages and NH has some. $2000 could buy some serious implements....
Which dealer is going to support you better?
Just some more food for thought.
Mark

/ NH 12/12 shuttle -vs- Kioti 8/8 shuttle
Yea I will have a loader and bh (subframe) on either unit. Griz.

/ NH 12/12 shuttle -vs- Kioti 8/8 shuttle #6  
I suppose depending on the dealer pricing, you could probably get the DK45 (More HP), I am under the impression that it is supposed to come standard with the 12X12, according to the last time I checked their website. Is the TC 40 a 3 cylinder or 4 cylinder? The DK45 is a 4 cylinder. You could get the self-leveling FEL AND a Quick-Attach Plate & still be at or less than the TC 40 pricing level. I do see that the TC 40 offers hydrostatic, but that's just a matter of how much conveinence you really want for the shifting.
J.W.

/ NH 12/12 shuttle -vs- Kioti 8/8 shuttle #7  
<font color="blue"> The nh is more comfortable to me in a few different ways, leg room, hood visabilty, and loader joystick location. </font>
If you're going to be using the tractor for a long time, then ergonomics will become more and more appreciated as the years go by. If the tractor is not comfortable to use, then I would tend not to use it as much. Or, worse, grow tired faster while using it. Tired usually equals mistakes. If you found the New Holland (tractor and loader) more comfortable after just sitting on it at the dealers lot, imagine how comfortable it will feel after 8 hours in the field!

/ NH 12/12 shuttle -vs- Kioti 8/8 shuttle #8  
I would say it depends on how much more comfortable the NH is than the Kioti - is ith $2,000 more comfortable?

Maybe the Kioti is more uncomfortable to sit on because you still have a FAT WAD OF CASH left in your hip pocket because of all the money you saved!!!

Seriously, I am Kioti-biased, but I will agree with the non-Kioti folk that if you are that much more comfortable, in the long run you would probably be happier with the NH. I have a DK 45 and have no problem with ergonomics/fit (I'm 5'8") and neither does my day (6'3"), but it's gonna be different for everybody.

Just to be sure I get it in, the Kioit is an excellent machine. There seems to be alot of discussion about is a Kioti actually cheaper than a brand name, and it seems like in your case it is. I don't think you sacrifice a single virtue to NH/JD/Kub if you go with a Kioti. They will be around for many years to come.

I would also say that the re-sale value question is increasingly becoming a smaller issue - but heck, I don't see too many used Kiotis for sale either.

Good luck

/ NH 12/12 shuttle -vs- Kioti 8/8 shuttle #9  
Money is worth a lot if it is in short supply so if your budget is really tight then I'd go with the Kioti. If you are not too stressed I would opt for comfort because the reality is you will sit on that seat for a long time before you ever sell or trade in that tractor. Probably several hundred hours. And an aching back, or stiff legs will persist after you get out of the seat for another few hours after each session in the seat.

How often do you wear shoes that hurt your feet?

/ NH 12/12 shuttle -vs- Kioti 8/8 shuttle #10  
I personally would find the difference between 8 and 12 speeds quite noticable. I have 12 on the 2120 and 16 on the TN and still can't always find the range I looking for. I also much prefer a power type shuttle to the hydrostatic drive. I've tried it and I just don't like it, I like better control over my machines speed based on engine rpm. I also personally would stick with New Holland as they have never let me down and I'm not so sure of the newer off brands.

Just my thoughts

Andy