John Deere 1026R or 2520 for 10 acres?

/ John Deere 1026R or 2520 for 10 acres? #31  
With my CT225 (same as a CK27, I think) running about 3,500 lbs with the loader on, I have no trouble moving 6' round bales on the three-point. I wouldn't try it with the FEL unless I had way more ballast than I currently do. The round bales weigh in around 1000 lbs, so if the tractor was only down around 2000 lbs, I would hesitate a bit, but probably still go ahead, carefully.

I will say that the additional weight would be a real down-side if I wanted to use this tractor primarily as a lawn-mower. I will bush-hog a pasture all day long with this thing, but I wouldn't take it on anything I wanted to look nice if the ground was even the slightest bit wet, and even with dry ground, I make tracks that take weeks to grow out if I go over the same ground more than a few times in a row. I can see that a lighter tractor in the same power class would be nice for a mowing application. They say you never regret getting a bigger tractor; I wouldn't say that I regret my purchase, because I love my tractor, but mowing is a big part of my property maintenance, and it's a shame that I can't do it with my biggest and best tool. But if I had gotten a smaller tractor, I know there would be other things I would regret not being able to do, so it's six on one and half-a-dozen on the other. As it is, I am marginal with a box blade when I get into really heavy clay, and I sometimes find myself wishing I had another thousand pounds and fifteen HP. The day somebody makes a tractor that will pull a three-bottom plow and mow around trees without crushing a single blade of grass, I'll buy it!

OP said finish mower, but in the original post, mentioned rotary cutters. I think the finish mower reference was a typo.

Your tractor is capable of lifting a round bale with the FEL. Throw a heavy implement on the back or even another bale. I saw a picture the other day of a BX lifting 4x4 a round bale. If you have fluid in your tires your tractor is in excess of 4,000 pounds.

/ John Deere 1026R or 2520 for 10 acres? #32  
I would reconsider the Kioti. The "sticky" pedal is not an issue. I'm sure there are things on the Deere models that have had complaints
as well. I have a Kioti CK30 that replaced my JD 3205. CK is a great tractor and much more weight and lift capacity than my 3205.
The Kioti is a tough tractor at a value price. Also many more features than the Deere and others. I feel in the long run, the 2520 will be too small and definitely do not put a 6' cutter on it. I run a 5' Land Pride on my CK 30.

Try another Kioti dealer for a price. In IN, a Ck30 hydro w/ loader is in the 18 or so range. What you mentioned sounded high, maybe it's a regional thing.

As mentioned before, the McCormick is the same as a Kioti. Always better to buy the original brand (Kioti). McCormick could sevcer ties in the future like Bobcat has. But Kioti is as GOOD of tractor as a Deere.

/ John Deere 1026R or 2520 for 10 acres? #33  
Like others have stated here, always go with more H.P. you will need it and will be content. I got my tractor in Dec. 2012 NEW , been around and used tractors all my life example, FD.3910, M.F,240, J.D,2040, all good Utility tractors ,as I was looking for a new tractor I needed the most physical

/ John Deere 1026R or 2520 for 10 acres? #34  
As others have stated go with the most H.P. and physical weight you can you'll be glad and content later, I got my tractor Dec. 12, 2012 NEW. Been around tractors all my life, example FD,8N FD,3910 M.F,240 J.D,2040 all are great tractors most are being used all over our great country for many task. AND WE HAVE NEVER WANTED LESS H.P. AT ANY POINT. If you need to cut around the house then get a law mower. If you working out in the field get at least a 40 H.P. utility tractor. I have a J.D I have a 495 diesel 24 H.P.its just a large lawn mower that's all, I looked at J.D, there priced much higher than others and I don't like plastic tractors we need weight not toys. I LOOK AT THE KIOTI LINE AND GOT A DK40SE, 41, H.P. it has metal fenders, hood and has the weight We need, The tractor pulled my Gill box scrape with no issues, 66" , the 4N1 FEL is heavy and must have water in tires and wheel weights . I like the KIOTI I'm content, GO LARGER ON WEIGHT AND H.P. YOU WILL BE GLAD SIR.

/ John Deere 1026R or 2520 for 10 acres? #35  
Mistake I got the DK40SE, A year ago Dec, 12 2011.