Gone CRAZY!!!

/ Gone CRAZY!!! #1  

griz

Tractor
Case DX 40 8/1/03
Hello everyone! I am coming down to the wire in buying and am going crazy. I am very close to getting the tc40 but now wondering if I am going for more tractor than I really need, so was pondering a tc 30. I know they are two diff. tractors, but will the 30 do everything I need? I have 40 acres with alot of hills, woods, and pasture(15 acres) that I will be using it on and also at a construction site (Backfill, boxblade, trench work). I think my confusion comes to that "how much front end lift will I need on the loader"? What got me second guessing is how much easier trailering the 30 would be and cheaper (Aprox. $5500). I will be getting the loader and bh either way i go. Thanks for any input! GrizCrazy.

/ Gone CRAZY!!! #2  
With that much land, I would think you would be better off with the TC40. I have 11 acres and there are times when I wish I had a little more tractor to do the work a little faster. With a TC40 you would be able to use bigger mowers and other equipment.
The TC33d gets the job done, just takes a little more time than with a larger setup.

/ Gone CRAZY!!! #4  
I have 40 acres and a TC40D too. Get the 40, or better yet a TN65 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You'll regret it until you replace it if you get the 30.

/ Gone CRAZY!!! #5  
BOTH tractors will probably do what u want, of course the 40 will do it faster and easier. if the extra $5500 is not a strain, then i would suggest that u get that.

/ Gone CRAZY!!! #6  
Hi,

The tractor only looks big until you buy it and take it home and use it for a day. Or maybe two...

Get the tc40 and save youself money in the long run.

Gee, I sound so certain...I guess because I am... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Gone CRAZY!!! #7  
Hmmmmmm.........5 replies that ALL say the same thing?

Think about this.......how often do you find everyone on TBN agreeing on the same topic? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Get the TC40! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Gone CRAZY!!! #8  
I agree with some of the others.. go with the tc 40.

I have a NH 1920 which is very comparable to the tc40.. /bigger than the tc-30.

I maintain 13.2 acres with it.. and let me tell you.. It would be nice to have a tad bigger tractor.

My 1920 will pull a 6' bushhog per the dealer, as long as i'm not trying to cut hip deep..... but I only run a 5'.. because, on occasion.. I am cutting hip deep.. and also, cause my other 2 tractors are sized for the 5' cutter...

If you ever have to disc that pasture area... you'll be glad you got the bigger tractor.

Soundguy

/ Gone CRAZY!!! #9  
No one in the history of tractoring (or anything else, for that matter) has ever gotten something and later said, "Oh, gee... I wish I had the smaller, slower, less powerful one." /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Gone CRAZY!!! #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( No one in the history of tractoring (or anything else, for that matter) has ever gotten something and later said, "Oh, gee... I wish I had the smaller, slower, less powerful one." /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )</font>

Well, there was the one guy who broke his trailer in half. But I think we convinced him that he needed a bigger trailer - not a smaller tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Get the TC40. Oh heck, toss the TC40 and get a Kubota L5030! (Just Kidding) /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif