Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Case DX 40 8/1/03

Default Gone CRAZY!!!

Hello everyone! I am coming down to the wire in buying and am going crazy. I am very close to getting the tc40 but now wondering if I am going for more tractor than I really need, so was pondering a tc 30. I know they are two diff. tractors, but will the 30 do everything I need? I have 40 acres with alot of hills, woods, and pasture(15 acres) that I will be using it on and also at a construction site (Backfill, boxblade, trench work). I think my confusion comes to that "how much front end lift will I need on the loader"? What got me second guessing is how much easier trailering the 30 would be and cheaper (Aprox. $5500). I will be getting the loader and bh either way i go. Thanks for any input! GrizCrazy.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33D

Default Re: Gone CRAZY!!!

With that much land, I would think you would be better off with the TC40. I have 11 acres and there are times when I wish I had a little more tractor to do the work a little faster. With a TC40 you would be able to use bigger mowers and other equipment.
    The TC33d gets the job done, just takes a little more time than with a larger setup.

Tractor
    Branson 3520

With that much land and the type of work you envision, I would think the bigger the better.

Tractor
    TC40D

I have 40 acres and a TC40D too. Get the 40, or better yet a TN65 [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You'll regret it until you replace it if you get the 30.

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

BOTH tractors will probably do what u want, of course the 40 will do it faster and easier. if the extra $5500 is not a strain, then i would suggest that u get that.

Tractor
    Kubota B2910, BX2200, Yardman 20HP pos...

Hi,

The tractor only looks big until you buy it and take it home and use it for a day. Or maybe two...

Get the tc40 and save youself money in the long run.

Gee, I sound so certain...I guess because I am... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Elite Member
    Tractor
    None -yet. Until then FunBuggy (EZ-Go) will have to do!

Hmmmmmm.........5 replies that ALL say the same thing?

Think about this.......how often do you find everyone on TBN agreeing on the same topic? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Get the TC40! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

I agree with some of the others.. go with the tc 40.

I have a NH 1920 which is very comparable to the tc40.. /bigger than the tc-30.

I maintain 13.2 acres with it.. and let me tell you.. It would be nice to have a tad bigger tractor.

My 1920 will pull a 6' bushhog per the dealer, as long as i'm not trying to cut hip deep..... but I only run a 5'.. because, on occasion.. I am cutting hip deep.. and also, cause my other 2 tractors are sized for the 5' cutter...

If you ever have to disc that pasture area... you'll be glad you got the bigger tractor.

Soundguy

Tractor
    John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket

No one in the history of tractoring (or anything else, for that matter) has ever gotten something and later said, "Oh, gee... I wish I had the smaller, slower, less powerful one." [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota L3130 HST

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( No one in the history of tractoring (or anything else, for that matter) has ever gotten something and later said, "Oh, gee... I wish I had the smaller, slower, less powerful one." [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )</font>

Well, there was the one guy who broke his trailer in half. But I think we convinced him that he needed a bigger trailer - not a smaller tractor! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Get the TC40. Oh heck, toss the TC40 and get a kubota L5030! (Just Kidding) [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast