Buying Advice B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck
I'm not trying to start an argument by any means but Rider states the Max28 is bigger physically than the B3200 and Teikas dad states the B3200 is bigger than the Max28. I can't tell by the specs and it's hard to tell in person because they are at different dealers. Which way is it?

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #12  
tc18ny said:
I'm not trying to start an argument by any means but Rider states the Max28 is bigger physically than the B3200 and Teikas dad states the B3200 is bigger than the Max28. I can't tell by the specs and it's hard to tell in person because they are at different dealers. Which way is it?

I researched a while ago, so, I'm not certain which is bigger. The max28 is 54.5 inches wide at rear tires and bucket. I think it is 13 feet long from bucket edge to tip of 3 point hitch arms, but I'm not positive. Dimension specs should be available on all models on their respective websites.

Max28 XL. XL stands for eXtra Long, I was told... In that it is longer than the max 22/25.

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #13  
Look at this video

http://youtu.be/WOMK_4Eqty

Besides Corey b being brutal on the hoe it gives you a good size perspective.

I'm thinking smack dab in the middle of a b2920 and b3200 but that is only my opinion.

Definitely not as refined as a Kubota or Deere but still seems like a solid tractor

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck
The link takes me to a Youtube page that says the video does not exist.

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #15  
Look at this video

http://youtu.be/WOMK_4Eqty

Besides Corey b being brutal on the hoe it gives you a good size perspective.

I'm thinking smack dab in the middle of a b2920 and b3200 but that is only my opinion.

Definitely not as refined as a Kubota or Deere but still seems like a solid tractor

Now the OP didn't mention a backhoe in his post, but while the Mahindra loader has got great lift specs, the backhoe is woefully underpowered compared to the Kubota. There are a lot of ways to work around a little less lift power when using the loader (not so much when lifting heavy pallets), but a weak hoe is a gigantic pain. I'd lean heavily towards the Kubota if a backhoe is in the cards.

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #17  
When I compared the B3200 to the Max28 it was two different dealers so it was not a side by side comparison. However, from seat of the pants and climbing on the tractor, the B3200 is higher (larger rear tires) and seemed bigger to me. Going to the tape measure it's not... Mahindra lists the Max28 at 109.3 inches long (tractor only) and 54.3 inches wide. Kubota lists the B3200 at 99.2 inches long, so it's overall tractor length is shorter, with a width of 53.7 inches so it's a hair skinnier. I think the visual difference is due to the tire size. Mahindra doesn't list a wheelbase dimension, but I would say from eyeballing it that the Mahindra has a longer wheelbase so it's stretched out a bit more.

No matter which one you get they are all good tractors. I wasn't too concerned about the lift capacities as the B3200 will do anything I will ever use it for. I guess it's kind of like a Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge decision. They've all got 4 wheels, they'll all do what you want, it's just a matter of what color you like and what final specs you prefer.

I'm sure you'll be happy with your final choice. I know I agonized for 6 months before I made my final decision. One factor I did forget to mention though is resale value. Not that I plan on selling the tractor in my lifetime, but if I ever did it seems that Kubota holds their value. I looked at used tractors and they were almost as much as a new unit. Also as pointed out above, the Kubota does have a stronger backhoe and I wanted one on the tractor when I bought it.

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #18  
I would compare the tractors without the attachments (besides fel). You can buy great quality attachments for pennies on the dollar thanks to Craigslist. Which leads to a tractor that has a ssqa loader and telescoping rear links. Those 2 options would have to be available on a new tractor I was thinking about purchasing.

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #19  
Price wise looks like the B3200 is the best buy. I dont really like the Mahindras although owners have praises for them. Like a lot of folks I dont have a close by dealer (over 120 miles) for them either. Not familiar with the 3200 but assume it also has 3 range hydro like the 2920. My daughter has one and I have driven it and like the feel of it.

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #20  
Compare the weight between the Max 28 and the B3200 and L3200, you will see that the B3200 and Max 28 are within 100lbs of each other.