Buying Advice B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck
Test drove both today. The Max feels really planted and the loader is strong. The engine runs smooth. The hydraulics were strong and very smooth. The hydrostatic transmission felt soft and very forgiving to quick changes. I don't like where the loader joystick is located and adjustment is minimal. I had the dealer re-quote with a 72'' RFM, loaded tires and rear remote to compare apples to apples. It is now about $2800 less than the kubota compared to the earlier quote difference of about $4700.
Now for the kubota: The build quality seems higher and it has a bigger 60'' bucket (a good thing). The tires did loose traction a little when I buried the bucket in a snow bank and tried to fill it (tires not filled yet). The loader felt a little jerky when raising and lowering or I guess I would call it very responsive to user input. The loader joystick is more comfortable than the Max. The 3 speed hydro is a nice feature. It is a little bigger than the Max and sits a little higher - I really like the stance and looks of the tractor. IT HAS A CUP HOLDER! The quoted attachments are Landpride which I think are higher quality than the ones quoted with the Max (Kodiak). Turning radius about the same as the Max, maybe a touch bigger. The engine is not as smooth as the Max and does have a high frequency vibration felt in the seat during some RPM ranges. I feel better with this dealer about possible future support. I will think about it over the weekend and make my decision on which tractor to get. Thank you for all your help and advice and let me know if you have any questions about either tractor.

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #22  
Test drove both today. The Max feels really planted and the loader is strong. The engine runs smooth. The hydraulics were strong and very smooth. The hydrostatic transmission felt soft and very forgiving to quick changes. I don't like where the loader joystick is located and adjustment is minimal. I had the dealer re-quote with a 72'' RFM, loaded tires and rear remote to compare apples to apples. It is now about $2800 less than the kubota compared to the earlier quote difference of about $4700.
Now for the kubota: The build quality seems higher and it has a bigger 60'' bucket (a good thing). The tires did loose traction a little when I buried the bucket in a snow bank and tried to fill it (tires not filled yet). The loader felt a little jerky when raising and lowering or I guess I would call it very responsive to user input. The loader joystick is more comfortable than the Max. The 3 speed hydro is a nice feature. It is a little bigger than the Max and sits a little higher - I really like the stance and looks of the tractor. IT HAS A CUP HOLDER! The quoted attachments are Landpride which I think are higher quality than the ones quoted with the Max (Kodiak). Turning radius about the same as the Max, maybe a touch bigger. The engine is not as smooth as the Max and does have a high frequency vibration felt in the seat during some RPM ranges. I feel better with this dealer about possible future support. I will think about it over the weekend and make my decision on which tractor to get. Thank you for all your help and advice and let me know if you have any questions about either tractor.

Make sure you run both a t PTO speed.

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #23  
Don't know anything about the Max but I owned a B3200HSD TLB and it was a great tractor. It had lots of power and I had the tires loaded with Rim Guard. Good luck with your choice, Oh only reason sold the B3200 was to buy a Grand L3540.
DevilDog

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #24  
Great choices. Pick what fits you best.

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #25  
Did you look at the John Deere tractors any? Some like a 2720 would be comparable to what you are looking at. It is about the same as a Yanmar SX3100.

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #26  
On the bucket width make sure the bucket is wider than the rear tires on the Max, otherwise it'll drive you nuts. Also you may find the kubota loader feels 'smoother' with the loaded rear tires (without them the machine will tend to rock back and forth a bit unless there is other rear ballast). I would also try doing some of the stuff you'll normally do with it. For example when I was testing I did a lot of back and forth and loader movement to see if I was happy with the position of everything for loader work and I found that after a little bit on some tractors my leg would be uncomfortable, or my arm on the loader stick if it wasn't positioned right. I would also take a look at things like the routing of the hydro lines (should be in areas that provide some protection like the inside of the loader arms) and make sure you can access maintenance items easily. Should be a fun decision to make!

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #28  
Thank you

Madmax12; guess it doesn't meet tier IV standards...lol

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #29  
I drove a B7510 for 5 years, but when I moved up to the B3200 the comfort level increased dramatically. I am not as tired and can get on and off the B3200 easier. If you are old enough to retire those are valid considerations. I find the placement of the levers much better. On the B7510 I sit a bit too forward of my shift and 3 point levers. On the B3200 the are more just to my right, more comfortable. At retirement age comfort will go a long way. I have not had an issue with vibration with my 3200 ... but I seldom operate it at max - mostly 1600 to 2000 for FEL work. At 1600 the hydraulics are smoother than at 2000. If the tractor will do what you want it to do go for comfort and ease of use. You will be able to stay on it longer and do more. Kubota Hydraulics .. the FEL will move up or down and the bucket will dump or curl at the same time. A feature not on every tractor. Love it. Also find the 3 speed ranges to be very useful.

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #30  
I drove a B7510 for 5 years, but when I moved up to the B3200 the comfort level increased dramatically. I am not as tired and can get on and off the B3200 easier. If you are old enough to retire those are valid considerations. I find the placement of the levers much better. On the B7510 I sit a bit too forward of my shift and 3 point levers. On the B3200 the are more just to my right, more comfortable. At retirement age comfort will go a long way. I have not had an issue with vibration with my 3200 ... but I seldom operate it at max - mostly 1600 to 2000 for FEL work. At 1600 the hydraulics are smoother than at 2000. If the tractor will do what you want it to do go for comfort and ease of use. You will be able to stay on it longer and do more. Kubota Hydraulics .. the FEL will move up or down and the bucket will dump or curl at the same time. A feature not on every tractor. Love it. Also find the 3 speed ranges to be very useful.

One of the reasons I went for my choice was comfort. The size offers leg room, and the tilt steering offers flexibility. I've been comfortable, but all tractor/people combos are different. I agree you should pick what is most comfortable for you and will be able to do the jobs you need it to do.