Which Woods Loader for a Kubota B2150

/ Which Woods Loader for a Kubota B2150 #1  

imported_kuma

Tractor
Kubota B2150 w/FEL
I am considering purchasing a 1997 B2150 with 450 hrs. The dealer is offering me a package deal with either a Woods 1006 or the Kubota LA350 loader. The LA350 will cost me $1000 more than the Woods 1006. I read several threads regarding Woods and OEM loaders and I understand the OEM advantages. However, since this is a used tractor and $1000 will pay for a RFM and more... I will probably go with a Woods loader. My question is, Woods makes a 1006 and 1008 loader for this size tractor. I was hoping that someone has experience with these loaders and can tell me which one is prefered for the B2150.

Also, any pics of Woods on a B2150 or similar tractor would be great.

Jack

/ Which Woods Loader for a Kubota B2150 #2  
Hi kuma,
What is the age and price of the loaders the dealer is offering. $1000 difference seems to be way out out of line for what I'm guessing are used loaders. I'm sure you have read it here before, but you really will be much better off with the orginal equipt. loader and will more than recover the diff. should you sell the machine.

/ Which Woods Loader for a Kubota B2150
The loaders are new loaders. Hard to believe the LA350 still exists. The tractor is a 1997 B2150 with 450 hours - very good shape - never seen any real work, just pulling a mower. Anyway, I was given two prices for the tractor:

A) Tractor with Woods 1006 $8,500
B) Tractor with LA350 $9,500

If I were purchasing a new tractor it would be a know brainer. But, $1000 more, a price increase of ~12%... its hard to justify since the tractor is already discounted/used and if I did resell it I dont think I could get an extra $1000 because it has a Kubota loader?

Anyway, I found out that the Woods 1008 is too much loader for the B2150 so... I think I will be buying the Woods : ) I will be making one more call to the dealership and see if he will come down a bit with the LA350 - it didnt work yesterday but, today is a new day!!

/ Which Woods Loader for a Kubota B2150 #4  
Kuma,
Check out Carver Equipment's used price guide at carverequipment.com for details on how they price out a used machine. they do show a almost $1000 premimum for the oem loader. pricing for used machines for sale on the internet is consistent with this difference. $9500 for a 2150 with loader and only 450 hours is a very good price and a search will show you many 2150's with far more hours selling for much more. The 2150 is such a good machine that its a shame not to keep it orginal. Just my opinion. Good luck with your purchase and let us know how you make out.

/ Which Woods Loader for a Kubota B2150 #5  
The Woods is a good loader, no way would I pay an extra grand for the OEM. Get the Woods, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.