Need a tractor to lift a ton on the 3 pt

/ Need a tractor to lift a ton on the 3 pt
The Woodmizer is and will be "ground mounted".

8x6SAM_0378.jpg

I only need to lift the log a foot or so. I used the 3 pt with shorter logs when I had the Satoh 670, worked great.

/ Need a tractor to lift a ton on the 3 pt #22  
Doesn't the loader on the DK40 lift 2700 lbs? That would be as cheap as an L3240 I'd bet.

/ Need a tractor to lift a ton on the 3 pt #23  
Due to your application, I think you would be better off with a bit heavier tractor. Check the specs on a Mahindra 4530.

/ Need a tractor to lift a ton on the 3 pt #24  
Yes, that is what my JD 4300 will lift. I have lifted some mighty large white oak trees and drug them out with the 3pt and a large chain.

/ Need a tractor to lift a ton on the 3 pt #25  
Put some wheels on it like this guy did ...but even bigger

IMG_0432.jpg

/ Need a tractor to lift a ton on the 3 pt #26  
I like Trials suggestion above particularly if you can set up to back over your carriage. A smaller tractor would work and you can keep the wood cleaner by not dragging in the dirt. Should be better for the saw. Otherwise, something as simple as a Carolina engine lift or overhead hoist could lift the logs at the saw.

/ Need a tractor to lift a ton on the 3 pt #27  
A lot of good suggestions on here. I'm not sure if you thought of it but I think a skid steer would do the job. I use my 317 Deere to remove logs from the woods, all 8 ft long and ranging from 12"-24" in diameter. I usually will move several logs at a time (2-4), all using 48" pallet forks. Used construction machinery is cheap right now, I priced out a new 318D and they wanted $33k for one, so I got my 317 for 1/3rd the price with 1000 hours on it. :thumbsup: Plus skid steers are very maneuverable which is priceless in the woods. Check out your local craigslist/dealer websites/machinery trader for prices. My 317 with the rear weights is rated to lift 2100 lbs. Just my :2cents:

I think a skid steer is a good idea. You put a grapple on it to lift the logs.

/ Need a tractor to lift a ton on the 3 pt #28  
I'm afraid it's not going to be practical to lift 2,000lbs on the 3pt of any compact tractor. Even a 40+ hp full-size utility tractor is going to take a fair amount of front ballast to safely lift that much. I use a 1100lb post driver on my 5203 Deere (weighs about 6000lbs with fluid in the tires) and I need front weights even for that. To lift 2000lbs I'd probably need at least 500lbs of ballast.

So, with that said, my vote is either for a 40+ hp 2wd utility tractor or a skid steer. You could find a nice one of either for around $10K.

/ Need a tractor to lift a ton on the 3 pt #29  
a 60+ horsepower tractor will the fel might on some models brands my 70 hp kubota will with 3pt but not the fel its rated 1870ibs at 800mm from the pin id would look at a mahindra tractor in the 60 hp range good luck

/ Need a tractor to lift a ton on the 3 pt #30  
A New Holland Boomer 40/50 or LS R4041/4047 will lift 2,469lbs at 24" behind the link ends, and 2,755lbs at the link ends.