TN60 versus Ford 4630/3930

/ TN60 versus Ford 4630/3930 #11  
A 5' cutter would not be much for that tractor. After thinking about it the tractor was a 3930. He took it back to the dealer they dynoed it and it made a whopping 28hp. He said they had 2 or 3 others on the lot and they checked them and they only made 28hp. They said the pump was set to factory spec and they would not turn it up. He said they did some stuff to it and got it up to the high 30's. After the warranty went out he got them to turn the pump up on it and it made like 42. There were alot of people around here in the mid to late 90's with under powered Ford New Hollands.

We run 295's in the vineyards cutting the vines. It is all the width we have to deal with. Even in the heavy brush they never struggle. If those tractors were only putting out 28 horsepower then there was something wrong. As I said, I have used plenty of them and if the ones I have used were only 28hp I would have known it. They all have worked well, I have even ran a round baler with one and never had it struggle. My friend has over 20 of the 3910's/3930's because of how great these tractors are. Reliable and plenty powerful for their size.

Are you sure your friend didn't have a 2810 or 2910? Those would be 30 pto hp machines but look almost identical to the 3910/3930 which are around 45 pto hp.

/ TN60 versus Ford 4630/3930 #12  
We run 295's in the vineyards cutting the vines. It is all the width we have to deal with. Even in the heavy brush they never struggle. If those tractors were only putting out 28 horsepower then there was something wrong. As I said, I have used plenty of them and if the ones I have used were only 28hp I would have known it. They all have worked well, I have even ran a round baler with one and never had it struggle. My friend has over 20 of the 3910's/3930's because of how great these tractors are. Reliable and plenty powerful for their size.

Are you sure your friend didn't have a 2810 or 2910? Those would be 30 pto hp machines but look almost identical to the 3910/3930 which are around 45 pto hp.

Yes it was a 3930 because I remember it was 45 PTO. The guy said it struggled to pull the his round baler.

/ TN60 versus Ford 4630/3930 #13  
l currently have a ford 4630 4wd that has broken the front tombstone for the second time in two years.It is fitted with a loader,treated with kid gloves,lifts a max of 600 kgs,and only shifts the muck from twenty housed cows.It is hairline cracking at the rear,with the front pulling up putting the alignment of axle out,with extreme pressure going onto pinion gear and transfer box.l am pulling my hair out,and trying to understand why this cast was made in hollow section with the weakness at the same spot on both occaisions.It runs well until this fault develops,with the first sign being hard running,due to increasing pressure on the transfer gears.Any ideas,oh and l have been around tractors for the past 45 years.It appears that downward pressure on the axle is forcing the lower section to crack with the front bending up---l know,its cast and does not bend,but l now have two tombstones that tell a different story

/ TN60 versus Ford 4630/3930 #14  
l currently have a ford 4630 4wd that has broken the front tombstone for the second time in two years.It is fitted with a loader,treated with kid gloves,lifts a max of 600 kgs,and only shifts the muck from twenty housed cows.It is hairline cracking at the rear,with the front pulling up putting the alignment of axle out,with extreme pressure going onto pinion gear and transfer box.l am pulling my hair out,and trying to understand why this cast was made in hollow section with the weakness at the same spot on both occaisions.It runs well until this fault develops,with the first sign being hard running,due to increasing pressure on the transfer gears.Any ideas,oh and l have been around tractors for the past 45 years.It appears that downward pressure on the axle is forcing the lower section to crack with the front bending up---l know,its cast and does not bend,but l now have two tombstones that tell a different story

I dont know if you still have the tractor or if its still a problem but i had the same problem however it was with a john deere i tightened the wheel base and all my problems stopped if your tires are spread out too much ot creates a lot of pressure on the axels and arms

/ TN60 versus Ford 4630/3930 #15  
l currently have a ford 4630 4wd that has broken the front tombstone for the second time in two years.It is fitted with a loader,treated with kid gloves.l am pulling my hair out

I've seen maybe 3 of those front bolsters broken. I can assure you none of the involved tractors were used "with kid gloves".