Buying Advice New Kubota M7040 HDC + Implements

/ New Kubota M7040 HDC + Implements #11  
You guys that don't like the self leveling loaders realize that with Kubota they are hydraulic and you can turn it off and on. What is there to not like? :confused3: If it was mechanical, I would not want one either. ;)

/ New Kubota M7040 HDC + Implements #12  
You guys that don't like the self leveling loaders realize that with Kubota they are hydraulic and you can turn it off and on. What is there to not like? :confused3: If it was mechanical, I would not want one either. ;)

I just like my loader only doing what I won't it to do,and with the ones I have run you find yourself working against them. Smoother to me just not to have it...

/ New Kubota M7040 HDC + Implements #13  
I just like my loader only doing what I won't it to do,and with the ones I have run you find yourself working against them. Smoother to me just not to have it...

Some people just don't like it. My brother hates mine, I like it. I do wish that mine would be able to turn off and on like the Kubota units do though. :cool:

/ New Kubota M7040 HDC + Implements #14  

When all I'd ever spent time running was non leveling I thought self leveling was pointless. When I started using loaders with self leveling I hated it. Then after using a Deere backhoe with self leveling for a while I had come to accept it. Now I've got the Kubota with the new fangled valve to turn it on and off but I've always used it as self leveling.

/ New Kubota M7040 HDC + Implements
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the great advice. My dealer just called and has now told me that they can't get me the M7040 HDC. So I have a few choices....wait for the new M7060 HDC which should be out in April or get a remaining M6040 HDC.

I dont' have to get this now but would prefer to get a 40 series tractor with the tier 3 engine (which is tried and true) instead of the new tier 4 engine. Any thoughts? Ideally the M7040 HDC would have given me a few extra hp at the PTO to run smaller hay equipment. Most of the mower/conditioners and small square balers tend to require about 50 hp at the PTO. Technically the M6040 HDC should run it fine....but is getting the M6040 HDC a mistake?

As you can tell, I don't have real experience at this and have tried reading books and researching on-line. But I guess the real lesson will begin once I start using the equipment.

Thanks everyone for your great advice...you guys are awesome! You have already saved me a ton. It's hard to rely only on the equipment dealer for real-life advice.

/ New Kubota M7040 HDC + Implements #16  
I ran the 8ft cutter with the M5040 i had,and never had any troubles and my father-in-law used his 43hp Mahindra to pull a NH315 square baler. cutting hay2.JPGclint square baling1.JPGcutter up all the way.JPG

/ New Kubota M7040 HDC + Implements #17  

I don't dislike them, I just don't want to pay for it; same with KSR and a few other things.

/ New Kubota M7040 HDC + Implements #18  
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the great advice. My dealer just called and has now told me that they can't get me the M7040 HDC. So I have a few choices....wait for the new M7060 HDC which should be out in April or get a remaining M6040 HDC.

I dont' have to get this now but would prefer to get a 40 series tractor with the tier 3 engine (which is tried and true) instead of the new tier 4 engine. Any thoughts? Ideally the M7040 HDC would have given me a few extra hp at the PTO to run smaller hay equipment. Most of the mower/conditioners and small square balers tend to require about 50 hp at the PTO. Technically the M6040 HDC should run it fine....but is getting the M6040 HDC a mistake?

Other that tier 4 stuff if its the size tractor you want. In my opinion I wouldn't down size, if anything I'd try to go a little bigger like the 8040 since you would be gaining more power mainly and have pea e of mind that you have the power when needed vs kicking yourself later especially if you are going to be haying.

/ New Kubota M7040 HDC + Implements #19  
I don't dislike them, I just don't want to pay for it; same with KSR and a few other things.

So for you, it is the cost and I understand that. ;) But for some people, it seems like they just don't like the idea, even if it were free. :confused3:

/ New Kubota M7040 HDC + Implements #20  
So for you, it is the cost and I understand that. ;) But for some people, it seems like they just don't like the idea, even if it were free. :confused3:

Yeah, we hated our mechanical one, but one you could turn on and off free and I'd take it. My father in law bought the one with the self leveling feature because every time someone borrowed the tractor it would come back with a bent hood and or covered in dirt etc. I finally quit taking the hood off and banging it back out, it still has a big dent from 20+ years ago.

We took the self leveling feature off the Case as it would hold more dirt without it.