Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Default Re: New Kubota M7040 HDC + Implements

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Yeah, we hated our mechanical one, but one you could turn on and off free and I'd take it. My father in law bought the one with the self leveling feature because every time someone borrowed the tractor it would come back with a bent hood and or covered in dirt etc. I finally quit taking the hood off and banging it back out, it still has a big dent from 20+ years ago.

We took the self leveling feature off the Case as it would hold more dirt without it.
    When using the loader for dirt work, it works just as well if not better to NOT have the self leveling feature. That is as long as you know what you're doing.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    When using the loader for dirt work, it works just as well if not better to NOT have the self leveling feature. That is as long as you know what you're doing.
    I hate to admit it, but in my learning phase, I dumped a bit of dirt on a hood or two myself.

When we were building our berms for our range, we had to transport the dirt up and down a few inclines especially as the heights increased and we just lost too much dirt, so we took them off; much better. You do have to watch and adjust as you travel or it will come back on your or out the front.

Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeToys View Post
    Other that tier 4 stuff if its the size tractor you want. In my opinion I wouldn't down size, if anything I'd try to go a little bigger like the 8040 since you would be gaining more power mainly and have pea e of mind that you have the power when needed vs kicking yourself later especially if you are going to be haying.
    Yeah if you can find a 8540 that would be nice,a 6040 would pull a small square baler no problem,my neighbor runs one. I run a 5x4 baler with the 7040,it does fine. The only thing I never liked about the 50/60/7040 is the front R1tires being so skinny. Never seen the R4's in person on one..

Tractor
    Case IH Farmall 95

Thanks everyone for the help. I've decided to go larger and pick up a Case Farmall 95. It isn't fancy and doesn't have a lot of the electronic auto features but for my use, the simpler the better. I'll be adding plenty of rear remotes!

Tractor
    Kubota M9540, JD2210

Quote Originally Posted by verdanthills View Post
    Thanks everyone for the help. I've decided to go larger and pick up a Case Farmall 95. It isn't fancy and doesn't have a lot of the electronic auto features but for my use, the simpler the better. I'll be adding plenty of rear remotes!
    I'd consider that a pretty big jump, 7040 to Farmall 95!!! Is it an "A" model?? I looked at Case/IH pretty hard when I was shopping. I never found a "C" model on any lots to look at though, by what data I could find that would have been my choice. Do a write-up when you get it, I'm anxious to hear how you like it.
    Richard
    Kubota M9540, JD2210

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by verdanthills View Post
    Hope it works out for you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123