which to buy 4x5 or 5x5

/ which to buy 4x5 or 5x5 #21  
Selling 5x5 is getting tougher now as truckers dont like hauling them . Very glad i went to a 4x6 last year as smaller customers can haul their own with pickup / trailer etc and not get tangled with the law so bad . Sold the first 850 right off the field no delivery to worry about ..loveley .
You would really have to have something set up badly for one to tip over :) As for power 85hp knows it's back there if travelling well in a good swath 100 is nicer .

/ which to buy 4x5 or 5x5 #22  
Selling 5x5 is getting tougher now as truckers dont like hauling them . Very glad i went to a 4x6 last year as smaller customers can haul their own with pickup / trailer etc and not get tangled with the law so bad . Sold the first 850 right off the field no delivery to worry about ..loveley .
You would really have to have something set up badly for one to tip over :) As for power 85hp knows it's back there if travelling well in a good swath 100 is nicer .
I have seen it but yes it was the guy baling it fault but I have got some 5x4's off baling thin windrows,I bet you could really tell on the 4x6's if I did. I don't bale for public just myself,I would won't the level added to mine if I did,instead of just guessing,having uneven windrows..

/ which to buy 4x5 or 5x5 #23  
1 would get the 4x5 . 50 horse should be enough.

/ which to buy 4x5 or 5x5 #24  
the 4 by 6 bales we are feeding weigh 1200lbs.the 5 by 6 bales can weigh up to 2200lbs depending on the crop your balong an how the baler is set.weve moved an fed 5 by 6 bales with a 55hp tractor no prob.an we always take 1 on the rear an 1 on the loader.most 5 by 6 bales are 1500 to 1700lbs.

/ which to buy 4x5 or 5x5
Ok, thanks for all the input guys. Now that thats settled what does anyone have to say about twine vs. net?

/ which to buy 4x5 or 5x5 #26  
Ok, thanks for all the input guys. Now that thats settled what does anyone have to say about twine vs. net?

Net is quicker to bale, keeps the bale intact during transport, reduces spoilage but costs a bit more per bale. Twine takes a little longer but is cheaper per bale. The big advantage to twine is not having to cut it off to feed.

/ which to buy 4x5 or 5x5 #27  

Net preserves the hay when stored outside, however, plastic net is a problem to take of and store in the winter in the cold and mud. You have some loss with twine if store outside. Not much if bales are rolled tight. Best of all worlds is twine ties stored under roof. Ken Sweet