I am the new guy. Question on new purchase.

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase. #12  
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase. #13  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons forum.

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase. #14  
hi,
your choice of machine and implaments sound good to me. I would sudjest that you up your snow plow to 6 ft. I have a 5 ft plow and wish that I got that extra foot.

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase. #15  
I think you are going to small for 10 acres, I would at least move up to the 2x20 series at minimum! Welcome!

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase. #16  
To me the 1026 JD's look like a lawnmower on steriods and not really what I would call a Compact Utility Tractor (CUT) , maybe subcompact (SCUT) which to me is a garden tractor with some ability to pull ground engaging tools. I am not a JD fan as I think they are way overrated and overpriced, but check out the 20 series likely for not much more money but lots more tractor. The 20 series Kubotas are nice for your size place also ( 2320, 2620 and 2920) are all the same frame size with 23,26, 29 HP. You can get them with a belly mower also. My daughter and SIL have a 2920 and I like the size and power of it for mowing, tilling and even light FEL work. I used it to move some compost piles when they first got it and decided I needed something that size myself so I bought a Kubota B 26 TLB (tractor loader backhoe) which is about the same frame size but industrialized for heavy duty operation at a significant cost increase I might add. If all Kubotas were priced like the B26 we would have to paint them green.

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase. #17  
Welcome from just up the road! I'm actually in Exeter (Monroe County), but we not have a PO so we have to use Belleville.

That dealer has a good reputation among my friends, but I wanted more tractor for the money, so I passed on green. :)

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase. #18  
If you can swing it I would recommend you move up a notch to a 2720 with 200CX fel and a 5' tiller approximately. This would be a better choice for a one time long term tractor purchase for 10 acres. I would hate to see you spend that much money on a tractor that is too small and need to trade up later on. If you can buy it right the first time it's cheaper.

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase. #19  
I agree, the 1026r is too small for 10 acres. You need something larger.

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase.
Thanks to everyone. You have certainly given me a lot to think about. I am glad I posted.