Buying Advice 1st horse property, new to the forum, and new to tractors - Seeking advice

/ 1st horse property, new to the forum, and new to tractors - Seeking advice #31  
I too live in Western Oregon.I have had a MF 202 for years. It was more industrial than I wanted, but it had a great loader, and was easy on gas. That was a late 50's early 60's machine. I sold it and missed it because of the great loader. I bought a used L260 Kubota with four speed pto and aftermarket loader. It was small but a great machine, wished all the time I could have a bigger one for bucket work. Main problems were it would get stuck in the barn yard and didn't have the loader capacity I needed. I ran a five foot brush hog and pulled my haywagon on flat ground. I lusted for a bigger four wheel drive machine after making do and found one on CL near McMinnville. Bingo. L4400, GST loader. I wished I had it ten years ago. I know western oregon. Twenty five hp is handy but not handy enough. You will always want a larger bucket machine. If you only have one tractor, get the bigger one with a great loader and thank yourself forever.

/ 1st horse property, new to the forum, and new to tractors - Seeking advice #32  
My humble advice is to buy as big as you can afford. Also, aren't the Oregon teams' colors green and yellow? There you go. lol Good luck with your choice.

/ 1st horse property, new to the forum, and new to tractors - Seeking advice
Thanks for all the great thoughts. Things are going to be put on hold regarding a tractor as the property needs tons of attention and the seller doesn't seem to think they don't have to resolve any of it.

Hence our search continues. Should the right place come along your advice will go far

/ 1st horse property, new to the forum, and new to tractors - Seeking advice #34  
Thanks for all the great thoughts. Things are going to be put on hold regarding a tractor as the property needs tons of attention and the seller doesn't seem to think they don't have to resolve any of it.

Hence our search continues. Should the right place come along your advice will go far
Sorry to hear that. I take it the house inspection didn't go well. A lot of sellers are in a bind today as property values have dropped putting them underwater and they can't borrow money to do needed maintenance. On the last refi they did before the bubble popped they should have fixed the roof or the septic, whatever but perhaps they went to Cancun or sent a kid to college. Too late now for them. You might make them an offer for the place as is with the price reduced to take into account whatever issues it has. They'll refuse at first but after the reality of their situation soaks in they might give you a call back in a month or two. What your bank will say about it is another thing but the tougher the banks are the less likely the seller is to get a better offer.