Price Check What is my tractor worth?

/ What is my tractor worth? #1  

adkalex

Tractor
2012 Kubota M5140DT
Hello, I have a 2000 New Holland 1720 4WD 5.5ft Heavy Duty front loader with 650 hours. It is in very good shape with no problems. It has filled ag. tires. I have attachments, but was going to keep them for a larger tractor I am looking to buy. I was thinking Kubota, Kioti, or New Holland in the 35-40 HP range, with backhoe depending on what I can find. My current tractor was $15,000 new. Can anyone tell me what it is worth? Also is it worth buying new or should I just look for a used with low hours. I have 85 acres with a 1700' driveway in northern New York (45 min to Montreal). I do firewood for woodboiler, general maintenance and land clearing. I do not rack up the hours so that is why I was thinking used. Thanks for any advice, this forum is very helpful.

/ What is my tractor worth? #2  
For what you are doing a good used Deere 110tlb would be a good choice. If you can find one with the optional hydraulics you can use a skid steer quick attach grapple on the front, topntilt hydraulics on the back and the 10ft backhoe. most of these 110's came with a skid plate on the bottom which would be beneficial for the clearing work. i use mine for lots of tasks from trenching to land clearing and am well satisfied with it.

/ What is my tractor worth?
For what you are doing a good used Deere 110tlb would be a good choice. If you can find one with the optional hydraulics you can use a skid steer quick attach grapple on the front, topntilt hydraulics on the back and the 10ft backhoe. most of these 110's came with a skid plate on the bottom which would be beneficial for the clearing work. i use mine for lots of tasks from trenching to land clearing and am well satisfied with it.

Thanks

/ What is my tractor worth? #4  
i would guess your tractor would be around 10000$ maybe a little more because of the low hours.A freind of mine bought a 1920 fwd with loader with 2400hrs on it in realy nice shape for 10500$ a couple months ago.you can look up your model on tractorhouse just to see what others are asking for similar model.

i would guess your tractor would be around 10000$ maybe a little more because of the low hours.A freind of mine bought a 1920 fwd with loader with 2400hrs on it in realy nice shape for 10500$ a couple months ago.you can look up your model on tractorhouse just to see what others are asking for similar model.

Thanks for the info.. I will check tractorhouse.

/ What is my tractor worth? #6  
10K plus or so sounds abought right, start higher and come down don't trade it in sell it out right because just like a car when you trade something in it is worth nothing but after it is on the dealers lot it is worth big bucks because they need to eat also!

/ What is my tractor worth? #8  
I bought the exact same tractor 6 years ago...
It was a 1 owner with 245 hours and was absolutely perfect...
I paid 7K and traded in a YM 1700 Yanmar that I valued at 2K...
The tractor included a very nice heavy duty Woods box blade...
So I valued the tractor at that time without FEL @ 8-9K...
In today's market, a dealer will probably offer you in real dollars around 7K...
If I was selling personally my low would be 10K...
I added a very nice Stoll FEL 2 years ago to my tractor and to be honest with you, I doubt very seriously if I will ever sell it...
10K to 12K is fair IMHO...

I bought the exact same tractor 6 years ago...
It was a 1 owner with 245 hours and was absolutely perfect...
I paid 7K and traded in a YM 1700 Yanmar that I valued at 2K...
The tractor included a very nice heavy duty Woods box blade...
So I valued the tractor at that time without FEL @ 8-9K...
In today's market, a dealer will probably offer you in real dollars around 7K...
If I was selling personally my low would be 10K...
I added a very nice Stoll FEL 2 years ago to my tractor and to be honest with you, I doubt very seriously if I will ever sell it...
10K to 12K is fair IMHO...

Thanks for all the great replies, I appreciate it.