Small used backhoe options

/ Small used backhoe options #1  

bvahjen

Tractor
case430
Wanted to get some opinions from the group on backhoe options for a friend with a few acres here in the northeast. General landscaping work on a hilly property. He wants to spend 10-12 grand. I don't know how to advise him since I have only owned full size machines. I have rented Kubotas but I don't remember the model numbers. I thought the L48 was a good machine but it looks like 20 grand. I told him maybe Kioti but I don't know anything about them. Maybe something at auction? Any thoughts appreciated.

/ Small used backhoe options #2  
For that budget, I'd say you will need to look for something used and smaller than a L48. Look in your local classified adds or at local dealers. Something is bound to pop up that will suite him.

/ Small used backhoe options #3  
Small jobs, rent. Home depot is again renting trackhoes terex tc16,bob cats pt-30,and tractor loader backhoes BX25. A lot cheaper than $12,000. for short term use.

/ Small used backhoe options #4  
Any backhoe is going to be several years old to get it for 12 grand. I have seen some 8 year or so old B21 Kubotas with 1200 + hours on them go for around that. Might even find a L35 or L48 for similar price but they are going to be 10 years old.
I have also seen some old but in fair shape full sized 310G models go for the same price or less.
I bought my 2009 B26 used last year for $25K which was bargain priced per what I have seen as asking from Tractorhouse and Craigslist.

/ Small used backhoe options #5  
i hung a woods 6500 on the back of an old ford 850 and buzzed up a semi- frame mount for it.

works great!