Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 6330, JD 5055e, Ford 4000,

Default Re: Deere folks give me some buying advise please

Quote Originally Posted by verdanthills View Post
    Did you look at a New Holland with cab or a Case IH with cab? I'd be interested in your opinion.

I have not yet looked at the New Hollands. I know them fairly well as we have used them for some time, but whehe NH got away from the TN line to the current lines they priced theirself out of the market. The price went up enough to where many of our New Holland dealers went to other lines. As for guys like me they started looking at deere because they held their value better than NH.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 6330, JD 5055e, Ford 4000,

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post

Had a Kubota. It was okay, but it was no where as solid, as good, as well built, or as versitle as a NH or a Deere.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by hotchkiss View Post
    Had a kubota. It was okay, but it was no where as solid, as good, as well built, or as versitle as a NH or a Deere.
    I don't know about that. It would not hurt to take a look at them.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Tractor
    Baddest LS P7010C south of Palm Beach County

If your so in love with NH, why haven't you looked at the company that's under the hood. LS tractors made many NH and fords. Everyone that has one says its been their best investment.
    Hopefully Friday I get to say the same... My P701C arrives on Friday and from everything I've read and heard... I was in live before I put the money down. Don't hurt to look at more options.
    Just my $0.02

Tractor
    John Deere 5105M & IH Farmall 544

After a year of shopping I ended up buying a 5105M with the deluxe cab. I looked very seriously at a Farmall 95 but the wet clutch Power Reverser on the deere was the deciding factor over the dry clutch 95. I then compared the "M" with the "E Limited" side by side. Huge difference in the two tractors. The "M" is a much beefer tractor. I also liked the extra weight the 5105M had over the other tractors. The Deere dealership is closer and has been very good. I am a cow/calf producer and I use mine to cut and bale hay and feed cows. No field tillage work to speak of. I sometimes feed my cows on a concrete pad which is a pretty tight manuever around between the bale feeders, fence and crowding chute. Does a great job!!
    MWRR
    Illinois, 180 acres, 80 acres hay, cattle, JD 5105M,IH-Farmall 544, Kuhn 700 GMD HDII, Case 580B, JD 535 Baler, MF 124.

Tractor
    2013 John Deere 5093e, 2011, 1949 John Deere MT, 1972 John Deere 800 windrower, restored, 567 Deere baler, CaseIH Farmall 55a MFWD (yes, red!)

If money isnt an option, as MWRR stated the M series is a great tractor. I couldn't, so stayed in the E series. Hoping to get mine in 4 weeks!

Tractor
    Case IH Farmall 95

Quote Originally Posted by MWRR View Post
    After a year of shopping I ended up buying a 5105M with the deluxe cab. I looked very seriously at a Farmall 95 but the wet clutch Power Reverser on the deere was the deciding factor over the dry clutch 95. I then compared the "M" with the "E Limited" side by side. Huge difference in the two tractors. The "M" is a much beefer tractor. I also liked the extra weight the 5105M had over the other tractors. The Deere dealership is closer and has been very good. I am a cow/calf producer and I use mine to cut and bale hay and feed cows. No field tillage work to speak of. I sometimes feed my cows on a concrete pad which is a pretty tight manuever around between the bale feeders, fence and crowding chute. Does a great job!!
    Thanks! I know about the power reverser which is basically a hydro shuttle shift. But what does a wet clutch do for you?
    Last edited by verdanthills; 01-20-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

Quote Originally Posted by verdanthills View Post
    Thanks! I know about the power reversed which is basically a hydro shuttled shift. But what does a wet clutch do for you?
    Last much longer than a dry clutch
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Tractor
    JD 5085M; NH TN70A; Ford 2600

Quote Originally Posted by hotchkiss View Post
    Thanks! I need one at least as large as the NH, but just a little more HP would be nice. Not a lot, but just a touch. I really don't need a heavier frame or more importantly a larger frame, in fact it may be a little difficult to get it everywhere I need this utility to go.
    That's why I suggested the JD 5M series. It will only be slightly larger than your TN95. Very nimble machine. Tight turning radius.
    '10 JD 5085M Cab MFWD FEL
    '07 NH TN70A MFWD FEL
    '81 Ford 2600

JD 457 round baler; JD 265 & Kuhn GMD 600 disc mowers; Sitrex V-10 rake; Hardee 10', Rhino 7', & Modern 5' rotary mowers; JD 13' & Ford 6' tandem discs; HayKing 10' rennovator plow (sub-soiler); etc, etc.
    My other tractor is a '95 Kenworth.

Donít ever wrestle with a pig. Youíll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12