Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 6330, JD 5055e, Ford 4000,

Default Deere folks give me some buying advise please

I am considering buying a new John Deere utility tractor with 90 to 105 hp (give or take on the high side). Have not looked at the Deere tractors in several years. I am looking at replacing a New Holand TN-95A with a Deere that has a cab. What recommendations do you have? The only reason I am replacing the New Holland (with 400 hours) is that my allergies are getting worse and worse every year and the heat gets to me a little worse now days as well. So I really want a cab or at least I think I do on my utility tractor.

Tractor
    JD 7720; Kubota M135GX, NH TS115A; JD 6230; Kubota L5740

Default Re: Deere folks give me some buying advise please

We have a 6230 that is 95 engine hp, 76 pto hp open platform. The 6030 series is the line you probably want to look at, and if you can afford the $$$ the 6330 Premium would be a nice tractor. It is 110 engine HP. We got the lower cost non-Premium series because that is the only way JD offers a low clearance model which we needed.
    JD7720; KubotaM135GX; NH TS115A; JD6230; KubotaL5740

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

If you are looking for a tractor of similar size to the NH you have I would look at the 5105M to get a higher hp tractor with a nice cab and options. If you are looking for a larger frame and weight class then the 6115R is what I would look at.
    Both of these have very nice cabs with great control lay outs and plenty of options to consider.

Tractor
    Baddest LS P7010C south of Palm Beach County

LS Tractor P7040 with cab... You won't be sorry.

LS Tractor USA

-p7030cps-jpg
    Last edited by Mike1369; 01-15-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

You might like the 5093e.
    2008 JD 5103, FEL, 6' Frontier, 6' HD boxblade, 7' Landscape rake, More impliments to come, Bobcat (clark) 742 SS.

Platinum Member

Can't speak for the other mfg's suggested but can tell you that for many of the Deere cabs you can also get some form of pollen filtration in the form of specific cab air filters to assist with allergies. They are a chunk of change more for a filter but they do work, could be worth verifying first on a machine if allergies are a primary reason for changing.

Tractor
    JD 5085M; NH TN70A; Ford 2600

About three years ago, I was in the same situation. I had a Ford/NH 7610S. (100 hp) It had plenty of power, was 4wd, and had a loader, but I wanted a cab. I had three blue tractors, but after a lot of comparison, I went with the JD 5085M.
    IMHO, Nobody makes a cab like JD. Like ctlguy pointed out, the JD has cabin air filters that really work. I think it's around $150 for a set of filters, but I have nearly 400 hours on mine and haven't needed to replace them yet.
    The 5e series is basically the "economy" version of the 5M. I know the 5M has the filter system, but not sure on the 5e.

The 5 series will be a little bit larger than your TN. And, as Jenkins pointed out, if you want to go even larger, get the 6 series.

Go to a local JD dealer and check them out. Also, if there is a tractor auction near you, go and look. It's really great to be able to compare a bunch of different brands and models side by side. I went here and looked: Brinkley Auctions - Tractors Then, I went to a local dealer and purchased. I already knew what I wanted.
    '10 JD 5085M Cab MFWD FEL
    '07 NH TN70A MFWD FEL
    '81 Ford 2600

JD 457 round baler; JD 265 & Kuhn GMD 600 disc mowers; Sitrex V-10 rake; Hardee 10', Rhino 7', & Modern 5' rotary mowers; JD 13' & Ford 6' tandem discs; HayKing 10' rennovator plow (sub-soiler); etc, etc.
    My other tractor is a '95 Kenworth.

Donít ever wrestle with a pig. Youíll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.

Tractor
    Case IH Farmall 95

Quote Originally Posted by hotchkiss View Post
    I am considering buying a new John Deere utility tractor with 90 to 105 hp (give or take on the high side). Have not looked at the Deere tractors in several years. I am looking at replacing a New Holand TN-95A with a Deere that has a cab. What recommendations do you have? The only reason I am replacing the New Holland (with 400 hours) is that my allergies are getting worse and worse every year and the heat gets to me a little worse now days as well. So I really want a cab or at least I think I do on my utility tractor.
    Did you look at a New Holland with cab or a Case IH with cab? I'd be interested in your opinion.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 6330, JD 5055e, Ford 4000,

Quote Originally Posted by MHarryE View Post
    We have a 6230 that is 95 engine hp, 76 pto hp open platform. The 6030 series is the line you probably want to look at, and if you can afford the $$$ the 6330 Premium would be a nice tractor. It is 110 engine HP. We got the lower cost non-Premium series because that is the only way JD offers a low clearance model which we needed.
    Thanks! I need one at least as large as the NH, but just a little more HP would be nice. Not a lot, but just a touch. I really don't need a heavier frame or more importantly a larger frame, in fact it may be a little difficult to get it everywhere I need this utility to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast