Buying Advice Another first time buyer

/ Another first time buyer #31  
Tires, R4 (farm tires) will rut more, R4 industrials are fine, and then turf tires for lawn mowing are great

Carl, did you mean R1 farm tires, or are there really two kinds of R4's? Just asking. Drew

My bad - yes R1 are ag/farm tires - I was rasied on a farm too..

/ Another first time buyer
Hey guys,

I have been talking to the owner of this rig......

2009 John Deere 3038E - New Brunswick Farming Equipment For Sale - Kijiji New Brunswick Canada.

And I think I could get this for $16500 with loader, brand new blower & back blade, what do you guys think of that one?

Thanks again

K

Generally speaking for lawn mowing 30-35 HP is about the biggest, and typcially 20-28 HP and weight around 3000 lbs.

Tires, R4 (farm tires) will rut more, R4 industrials are fine, and then turf tires for lawn mowing are great. If you do a mix of trail and woods work I would go R4.

Also I saw a JD 855 23 HP diesel with Loader, Blower, Mower and soft cab for $14500 in your area too. Thats not a bad combo package.

Check your dealers too for slightly used and the compare to new. Seems like your prices in NB and NS are about 20-30% higher than NE usa area.

If you go across to Maine there are some great deals on Kubotas.. Kubota tractor and attachments - $15400 (Poland)

Search Craigslist in Maine and you will see a lot of low hour machines at decent prices. Its a 5-6 hour ride but you can save a lot.

/ Another first time buyer #33  
Woodman,

That looks real good if you get a blower and rear blade for $16,500 and is a good size range to do a lot of other work for you too. And its low hours likely one owner too so you should have the history too.

No cab though but I guess you can dress warm! The 2011 Kioti linked early in this thread was $25 with a cab and blower and low hours so I would day this is a good point in between if that price includes the items mentioned.

Carl

/ Another first time buyer
Thanks Carl,

Looks like he kept good care of it.....

"The snow blower part # is SB 1164 meaning 64 inches wide,I bought it at Green Diamond John Deere last January.The brand is frontier they supply all John Deere implements.The rear blade is part # RB2072 it is 72 inches long.I bought it at Green Diamond when I bought the tractor.The tire chains I bought at Green Diamond last February. I just spent $300 on the 100 hour service.They changed all filters and greased every thing,including the snow blower.Thanks"

I am thinking I may be able to purchase a soft cab?

Woodman,

That looks real good if you get a blower and rear blade for $16,500 and is a good size range to do a lot of other work for you too. And its low hours likely one owner too so you should have the history too.

No cab though but I guess you can dress warm! The 2011 Kioti linked early in this thread was $25 with a cab and blower and low hours so I would day this is a good point in between if that price includes the items mentioned.

Carl

/ Another first time buyer #35  
Well, I am not an expert, but for the HP, hours, and most important the credentials the owner provides this is a very nice deal.

It has a 1150Lb FEL lift capacity, 37HP, Hydro plus rear blower and blade @ $16,500 with 120 hours and a 100 hr change, I would not wait another day.

Carl

Carl