Buying Advice Kubota vs John Deere

/ Kubota vs John Deere #21  
If you can't find a reason to own a FEL I would stick with your zero turn and figure something else out to clear your paved driveway. I always preferred a blower on my JD garden tractor (318) on my old paved driveway. Just seems to eat right through it. If you can use a FEL, go with the BX or 1026R. Once you have a FEL, you will probably never be without one unless you move into the city/village. When I think back to before I had a FEL, it blows my mind how hard and long I had to work to do simple things. There are so many things it can be used for. Just my 2 cents

/ Kubota vs John Deere #23  
You already have the most efficient style of lawn mower twice as fast as an expensive riding mower or scut. You could always buy one of the premium Ariens or simplicity snow blowers not stocked at lawn and garden stores for $2000 - $3000. I would personally want to keep the zero turn regard less an FEL adds a whole new dimension. Simplicity and Ariens also make heavy duty snow blowers not stocked at normal stores. have an amazing snow removal device.

The biggest advantage of either the bx or 1026 is the loader feature and standard 3pt.
I finally convinced my neighbor to get a 60" zero turn to mow his 5 acres of grass with rather than his 60" mower on his b2400. He cut 1.5-2 hours off his mowing time with very few trees and objects to mow around. his only regret is not buying a zero turn 5 years sooner. He brush hogs about 2 acres and clears his 500 feet of driveway with the b2400 now. The mower has been retired.

Dave

/ Kubota vs John Deere #24  
If I had to choose between my FEL or my zturn mower, I'd really be stuck, that's for sure.
I would suggest keeping the mower bc that's a weekly job and you likely spend the bulk of your operating hours mowing.

You can put a blade on your truck, suv, quad or even the ztr( I don't know how well those work though). you spend so little time removing snow compared to mowing, so efficiency isn't as much as a concern. Jmo.

/ Kubota vs John Deere #25  
If I had to choose between my FEL or my zturn mower, I'd really be stuck, that's for sure.
I would suggest keeping the mower bc that's a weekly job and you likely spend the bulk of your operating hours mowing.

You can put a blade on your truck, suv, quad or even the ztr( I don't know how well those work though). you spend so little time removing snow compared to mowing, so efficiency isn't as much as a concern. Jmo.

Neighbor has a Honda 500 4x4 with probably a 56 - 60" width blade, that's lifted via his winch. the thing is a tank in 4wd. Ive seen him push 8-10" of wet snow no problem i believe he has chains on the rears.

Dave

/ Kubota vs John Deere #26  
I agree that both make great tractors, but I will never give up my zero turn mowers for a garden tractor or sub compact for doing the mowing. I mow 5 acres with trees, buildings, etc. and the zero turn is the only way to go.

Ditto! I have a Kubota ZD21 zero turn mower. The only way to go for mowing. I loved my BX2660 though for pushing snow and other yard work.

/ Kubota vs John Deere #27  
It seems for the price of a JD x700 series tractor you can get a nice Kubota with FEL. The FEL is incredibly useful and if its the same price or even close, I would say, go that way. When I did my shopping, I found that a similarly set up JD was about 5000 more dollars than the Kubota I picked. I also have compared my Kubota to my FIL's JD tractor, which is a 4620 and I can tell you that Kubota seems to be built stronger, too. If you look at the specs, you will see a definite difference in weight. This weight translates into robustness. Also, if you like to buy American, a lot of the smaller JDs are being manufactured at places like India. My Kubota was manufactured in C-bus, OH. Believe me, I would have loved to had a JD but the differences I see in the tractors made this an easy decision.

/ Kubota vs John Deere #28  
So the final pricing from the dealers is in and I still can't decide what is the best tractor for my needs.

Kubota BX2660 with 60" deck and 60" front blade is $15200.
Deere 1026r with 60" deck and 54" front blade is $15778.
Deere x728 with 60" deck and 54" front blade is $12785.

So, over $3k more for a SCUT, but I'm sure it would hold that value more if I would want to trade or sell.

Before you make the decision which to buy can you give us more details on your use and terrain/layout? When I was buying my x749 my main interest was getting something small enough for lawn work that was highly manuerverable and good on slopes. This has worked out well for me but I had several tractors to do the larger jobs.
Have you decided to trade or sell the ztr mower and have you had a chance to drive the x728 around to see how it handles? Do you have a lot of trees, shrubs or landscaping to manuever around? All of this makes a difference as to what would work best for you.

So far most of the discussion seems to be about subcompacts and fels, very little has beem asked about your specific needs.

/ Kubota vs John Deere #29  
I would buy where ever you have the dealer support. it is so much more helpful if you can drive 10 minutes and get good dealer support vs driving 15 minutes to get a specific brand but not have as good as dealer support

/ Kubota vs John Deere #30  
I agree with jenkinsph we need to know what all you want to do with it. Are you just going to mow and move snow? How much mowing do you have? Is your driveway very steep? Do you have any steep spots you will be mowing?