Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Default Re: Kubota vs John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    It will but the 2360 is worth the upgrade. More PTO power, larger tires, and a larger front axle. It probably would turn a blower a hair blower better. You can also get a 60'' deck on the 2360, 54" is the largest for the 1860.
    You have a point on the deck size. The extra 6 inches of cut speeds things up quite a bit. My mowing gets done 30 minutes quicker with the Massey as opposed to the old Cub Cadet I used to own. Even with the FEL on.

Don't be fooled by the 1860 though, they are still a very good machine for the average homeowner.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465

Quote Originally Posted by MessickFarmEqu View Post
    you are aware, that the BX2660 is the top end BX tractor. You can buy a BX1860 at the same price point as an x728 and its much more tractor with resale value thats worlds better. (there is no worse resale than a garden tractor)
    I totally agree!

I think the OP is convinced he does not want a FEL. We all know how useful they are, but if the landscape is done its done. Personally, I would prefer removing snow with a fel rather than a front blade, but that just me!
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

FEL's are for more than just landscaping though. They can be used for firewood, rocks, mulch, limbs and sticks while mowing, carrying heavy items from the pickup/car to the 'back 40', burying rowdy neighbors OOPS, did I say that out loud?
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Kubota M8540

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    FEL's are for more than just landscaping though. They can be used for firewood, rocks, mulch, limbs and sticks while mowing, carrying heavy items from the pickup/car to the 'back 40', burying rowdy neighbors OOPS, did I say that out loud?
    Yes i never stop finding new ways to use it. Like this weeks when it was utilized to lift my parts car with a blown head up onto jack stand so i could pull the starter. -2013-01-22_18-13-30_235-a

Dave

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by xring100 View Post
    Yes i never stop finding new ways to use it. Like this weeks when it was utilized to lift my parts car with a blown head up onto jack stand so i could pull the starter. -2013-01-22_18-13-30_235-a
    You could probably go right through the door and lift the whole car if you wanted. I lifted a building with mine so I could move it.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    K

Dang Roger, that's a nice looking tractor. I love orange.
    You could probably go right through the door and lift the whole car if you wanted. I lifted a building with mine so I could move it.

Tractor
    None

Another great place to get info is TractorData.com - information on all makes and models of tractors. Every tractor made is tested by the University of Nebraska. Great place for info on any make.

Tractor
    Kubota M8540

Roger your probably right about lifting the car i sometimes wish i also had a set of 72" pallet forks. Another Time i was out mowing the trails and i had a small branch pop up and remove the drive belt my my zero turn. Didn't feel like trying to work on it in the grass with the mosquito's as bad as they were that season. FEL to the rescue

Again if you have an FEL you will use it no mater what the lift capacity. The uses are endless.

Dave

Tractor
    Kubota M8540

Quote Originally Posted by Greenfever View Post
    Another great place to get info is TractorData.com - information on all makes and models of tractors. Every tractor made is tested by the University of Nebraska. Great place for info on any make.
    kubota does not generally participate in this testing so you can't get them in NE or get the test data

Dave

Tractor
    None

You are normally correct, but just recently they have tested a very large number of the Kubotas making it much easier to compare with other brands.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast