Buying Advice Kubota vs John Deere

/ Kubota vs John Deere #41  
It will but the 2360 is worth the upgrade. More PTO power, larger tires, and a larger front axle. It probably would turn a blower a hair blower better. You can also get a 60'' deck on the 2360, 54" is the largest for the 1860.
You have a point on the deck size. The extra 6 inches of cut speeds things up quite a bit. My mowing gets done 30 minutes quicker with the Massey as opposed to the old Cub Cadet I used to own. Even with the FEL on.:)

Don't be fooled by the 1860 though, they are still a very good machine for the average homeowner.

/ Kubota vs John Deere #42  
you are aware, that the BX2660 is the top end BX tractor. You can buy a BX1860 at the same price point as an x728 and its much more tractor with resale value thats worlds better. (there is no worse resale than a garden tractor)

I totally agree!

I think the OP is convinced he does not want a FEL. We all know how useful they are, but if the landscape is done its done. Personally, I would prefer removing snow with a fel rather than a front blade, but that just me!

/ Kubota vs John Deere #43  
FEL's are for more than just landscaping though. They can be used for firewood, rocks, mulch, limbs and sticks while mowing, carrying heavy items from the pickup/car to the 'back 40', burying rowdy neighbors:shocked: OOPS, did I say that out loud?

/ Kubota vs John Deere #44  
FEL's are for more than just landscaping though. They can be used for firewood, rocks, mulch, limbs and sticks while mowing, carrying heavy items from the pickup/car to the 'back 40', burying rowdy neighbors:shocked: OOPS, did I say that out loud?

Yes i never stop finding new ways to use it. Like this weeks when it was utilized to lift my parts car with a blown head up onto jack stand so i could pull the starter. 2013-01-22_18-13-30_235.jpg

/ Kubota vs John Deere #45  
Yes i never stop finding new ways to use it. Like this weeks when it was utilized to lift my parts car with a blown head up onto jack stand so i could pull the starter. View attachment 299611

You could probably go right through the door and lift the whole car if you wanted. I lifted a building with mine so I could move it.

IMG_20120915_175833.jpg

/ Kubota vs John Deere #46  
Dang Roger, that's a nice looking tractor. I love orange.
You could probably go right through the door and lift the whole car if you wanted. I lifted a building with mine so I could move it.

IMG_20120915_175833.jpg

/ Kubota vs John Deere #48  

Roger your probably right about lifting the car i sometimes wish i also had a set of 72" pallet forks. Another Time i was out mowing the trails and i had a small branch pop up and remove the drive belt my my zero turn. Didn't feel like trying to work on it in the grass with the mosquito's as bad as they were that season. FEL to the rescue
photo2-vi.jpg

Again if you have an FEL you will use it no mater what the lift capacity. The uses are endless.

/ Kubota vs John Deere #49  
   / Kubota vs John Deere #50  
You are normally correct, but just recently they have tested a very large number of the Kubotas making it much easier to compare with other brands.