Buying Advice Kubota vs John Deere

/ Kubota vs John Deere #51  
You are normally correct, but just recently they have tested a very large number of the Kubotas making it much easier to compare with other brands.

http://tractortestlab.unl.edu/misc. test reports.htm
The university only shows a total of 8 kubota's tested i believe 4 are currently produced the rest are older. Do you have some other link showing the Nebraksa test results. I figure this is where they would be. Kubota still list most of the m series and larger l series as unavailable in NE indicating they have not been tested. Did not check the m60 series

Dave

/ Kubota vs John Deere #53  
I apologize I was getting the two sites mixed up. Yes the university has not tested very many of the Kubotas, where tractor data just gives you the specs from the manufacturers.

/ Kubota vs John Deere #54  
Apology accepted. I definitely used tractor data a lot when making my tractor purchase. They usually include NE test results if available.

Dave

/ Kubota vs John Deere #55  
Check out Barlow's equipment in KY. I got my B3200HST w/60" FEL and 60" HD box scraper w/top & tilt through them and saved over $4,500 over my local dealer. And that's after $1,000 added for shipping. Well worth your time. Check out the package builder section where you name your own price. barlowsequipment.com

/ Kubota vs John Deere #56  
So the final pricing from the dealers is in and I still can't decide what is the best tractor for my needs.

Kubota BX2660 with 60" deck and 60" front blade is $15200.
Deere 1026r with 60" deck and 54" front blade is $15778.
Deere x728 with 60" deck and 54" front blade is $12785.

So, over $3k more for a SCUT, but I'm sure it would hold that value more if I would want to trade or sell.

That sounds a bit high for the X728 considering the $1000 rebate they're offering now. Not sure if the dealer mentioned it or not, but the new X7xx series is coming out next month, which will have the auto connect option for the mower deck.

/ Kubota vs John Deere #57  
That sounds a bit high for the X728 considering the $1000 rebate they're offering now. Not sure if the dealer mentioned it or not, but the new X7xx series is coming out next month, which will have the auto connect option for the mower deck.

I meant to mention that too, I would expect about 20% off on the 2012 models. When I bought my x749 with 48" deck, rear pto kit and 3ph kit it was $13.100 + tax. About 15%off without the new promotions.

/ Kubota vs John Deere #58  
Several have posted about the usefulness of an FEL and I'll pile on. Mine has come in very handy for pushing and stacking snow. Not this winter so far. It's a lot easier to move mulch, dirt, stones, brush etc than with a wheelbarrow. There are frequently things to put on or get off of my pickup or trailer that are too heavy for 1 or 2 people to lift. It has been used to pull small poles, move a dead Jeep, carry a doghouse, and many other things. It's so easy to remove and replace that it is only on the tractor when I need it. It's less bother than digging the wheelbarrow out of the shed.

And don't sell a good RFM short. I've been using them since the tractor with a MMM went away in the early 90's. First two were 5' and when we got the L3200 this past summer I went to a 6' RFM. With the 5' decks, it took me about 1-1/4 hours to mow a little over 2 acres. Going with the 6' deck cut that down closer to an hour. In the spring we're turning an adjacent field into more yard area.

/ Kubota vs John Deere #59  
I am with others on the usefulness of a FEL. For me I thought about the x7 series, the Simplicity, Kubota GR but in the end the FEL for me is necessary. I have some lawn but mainly a very steep long driveway. I chose a used JD 2320 with a rear blower. I plan on adding a MMM to handle the lawn duty as well. I have previously owned a BX25 and had the 54" MMM with it and mowed the lawn as well and actually I found it very well suited for this task.

For me the FEL is usefull outside of the usual dirt/snow moving:

Takes out the garbage
Moves firewood
Helps me put up Xmas lights
Moves furniture (Don't laugh, easier to walk out the front door and load in FEL, drive around to walk-out basement than maneuver stairs)
Great help in cleaning up the yard.
Also a great hoist for holding up stuff for painting, cleaning....

My 2 cents.....

Cheers,

/ Kubota vs John Deere #60  
Another great place to get info is TractorData.com - information on all makes and models of tractors. Every tractor made is tested by the University of Nebraska. Great place for info on any make.

That is not true. The first thing that many manufactuerers do is look at the market in Nebraska which is limited. There are many sizes that do not fit that market well and when the costs of the tests are reaching new highs it is not worth it for them to test some there for the potential sales as they would only be throwing good money away.