Gravely ZT HD 48" Pricing - 2012 Demo Model

/ Gravely ZT HD 48" Pricing - 2012 Demo Model #1  

doolin64

Tractor
Nothing at the moment
Looking to upgrade (read get the job done faster) my 48" Bobcat Walk behind from the early 90's. I was hoping to score a mid winter dealer on leftovers and there doesn't seem to be much in my area. I'd like to upgrade to a zero turn in hopes of expediating the mowing I have to do.

The best deal I've found locally was with a dealer demo on a Gravely 48" ZT HD. It has 24hp Kawi motor and has 25 hrs on it and will come with the full 3 year warranty. It also has the stripe kit, power bagger and bagger mount kit installed. The dealer says the list price was $6750. Their pricing would have been $6140. They are offeing a discount of $1,525 for it being a demo unit. Bringing the total to $4,903.44 OTD w/ free delivery and storage until this spring.

Thoughts?

/ Gravely ZT HD 48" Pricing - 2012 Demo Model #2  
Well, I didn't find any pricing info on the Gravely, but the comparable Ariens Max Zoom (same machine with different engine) can be had all day/every day for $4800 without the extras. I'm thinking $4900 ain't bad.

/ Gravely ZT HD 48" Pricing - 2012 Demo Model
How are the Kholer motors compared to the Kawi's. I've always read great things on the Kawi. The Kholer on my Bobcat is a transplant motor that burns oil like mad, but runs fine.

/ Gravely ZT HD 48" Pricing - 2012 Demo Model #4  
I have a Gravely 48 in ZT. I bought it several years ago. It is ok, after I changed the blades, put a hi lift blade in, it wouldn't cut very well without it. It still doesn't cut as good as my neighbor's Cub Cadet ZT. There is a reason it was returned with only 25 hours on it. As far as I have seen the best is something like a Exmark. Big $$$, tho. Good luck. Btw, I wouldn't buy another.

/ Gravely ZT HD 48" Pricing - 2012 Demo Model
Wow, thanks for your reply. So far, I've ready good things on these mower. Exmarks are way out of my range. I could pick up a Cub Cadet Commercial demo that's a 2010 model. But it only comes with a 30 day warranty and is $5100 OTD. I was originally scouring Craigslist for used machines with a budget of around $3500. Which led me to slightly more for a new machine with a warranty.