Hello. As for the mechnical Subcompact

/ Hello. As for the mechnical Subcompact #1  

sehoonkim7

Tractor
cs2410
Hello to everyone.
TBN is very useful and helpful to research the any tractor information. Appreciate it.
I'd like to just ask one thing to everyone here.

As for sub-compact, What do you think about the mechnical sub-compact, not HST?
There are only a few of mechanical sub-compact in U.S, most of the sub-compacts have HST.
But, The mech. Sub-compact could be more powerful to care of garden or land, I guess.

Please give me any opinion for the agenda. Please..Thanks.

/ Hello. As for the mechnical Subcompact #2  
I'm not sure if this is spam or not...guess we'll find out soon enough.

Although I prefer a gear transmission (which is what I think you mean by mechanical), I think you'd find little market for a gear transmission sub-compact tractor in the US or Canada.

/ Hello. As for the mechnical Subcompact
I'm not sure if this is spam or not...guess we'll find out soon enough.

Although I prefer a gear transmission (which is what I think you mean by mechanical), I think you'd find little market for a gear transmission sub-compact tractor in the US or Canada.

Thanks for your reply.

It's not the spam, I just wanted to know which transmission type of sub-compact is better for hobby farmer in U.S.

As you said, the gear transmision means mechanical transmision.

If the mechnical sub-compact would be heavier(over 800kg) and more powerful than HST sub-compact, do you think is it attractive specification for hobby farmer?

Could you tell me that you prefer the mechanical transmission?

/ Hello. As for the mechnical Subcompact #4  
Thanks for your reply.

It's not the spam, I just wanted to know which transmission type of sub-compact is better for hobby farmer in U.S.

As you said, the gear transmision means mechanical transmision.

If the mechnical sub-compact would be heavier(over 800kg) and more powerful than HST sub-compact, do you think is it attractive specification for hobby farmer?

Could you tell me that you prefer the mechanical transmission?

I see very few sub-compact tractors that are gear transmission. Mostly older Kubotas, John Deere/Yanmar. These are from the early to mid 1990's.

Yes, I do prefer a gear transmission, but my tractor is not a sub-compact.

/ Hello. As for the mechnical Subcompact #5  
You have to remember most of the purchasers of sub-compacts are home-owners with small lots and little knowlege of tractors and manual shift vehicles in general.Most grew up driving automatic cars.Also less of a learning curve with HST;more control ect.Bottom line ....not much of a market.

/ Hello. As for the mechnical Subcompact #6  
:welcome:

/ Hello. As for the mechnical Subcompact #7  
Welcome from Oklahoma. I prefer gear over HST, that's why my little tractor is an old Mitsubishi instead of something newer.

Ken

/ Hello. As for the mechnical Subcompact #8  
Like many things in life, "better" is a matter of perspective and personal opinion. For my purposes, I wouldn't consider anything but an HST type transmission. However, my primary purpose is not pulling a plow, or other ground- engaged implements. Hence, the Infinite speed range and quick forward/reverse provides by HST just suit me better.

/ Hello. As for the mechnical Subcompact #9  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons forum.

/ Hello. As for the mechnical Subcompact #10  
Grew up on a farm. Drove all kinds of tractors. My dad restored 2 old tractors that we used to crank to start. Learned how to shift in a 59 Chevy with a 3 speed on a column. Bought the HST because I use it to cut my grass, plow snow and do some loader work with it. It's just a handy tractor to have. If I was working 50 acre fields all day i'd have a manual shift transmission.