Buying Advice Tractor tiller

/ Tractor tiller #11  
I have a Woods 54" and ran it on my 18 horse and 20 horse. Neither had any problems with it. On really hard ground I made a shallow pass and then a deeper pass. Would tractor and tiller have done it in one pass? Sure would have but it would have been slower and harder on both.

/ Tractor tiller #12  
I am interested in buying a tiller for my tractor. I have a 2002 JD 790, 30hp 4wd, tractor.
Will this tractor handle a 5' tiller and what brand and any specs should I look for?
thanks -jerry

We offer the Tarter 60" Gear Drive that can be setup for forward or reverse rotation for $1695 + shipping. Ken Sweet

/ Tractor tiller #13  
I am thinking about buying a 6' one to use on my kubota m4800 I will be tilling between 2 and 3 acres a year. local tsc has 6' king cutter tiller for 1949$ are these units any good? can i expect the gear boxes and stuff to last on one of these units for more than a couple years?

/ Tractor tiller #14  
I am thinking about buying a 6' one to use on my kubota m4800 I will be tilling between 2 and 3 acres a year. local tsc has 6' king cutter tiller for 1949$ are these units any good? can i expect the gear boxes and stuff to last on one of these units for more than a couple years?
Yes. You wouldn't believe what my BIL tilled with his 6' KKII tiller. I was totally amazed.

/ Tractor tiller #15  
haywire cattle co said:

Maybe, but they seem lighter designed. FYI tsc has consumer products. You consume and dispose them.

/ Tractor tiller #16  
I am interested in buying a tiller for my tractor. I have a 2002 JD 790, 30hp 4wd, tractor.
Will this tractor handle a 5' tiller and what brand and any specs should I look for?
thanks -jerry

You will be fine with a 60"

This is what I use

BushHog

/ Tractor tiller #17  
Maybe, but they seem lighter designed. FYI tsc has consumer products. You consume and dispose them.
That's where my BIL purchased his King Kutter tiller, and I watched him till 10 acres of ground, that hadn't been worked for over 20 years, with that tiller. The rocks he tilled up were unbelievable. If he was a rock farmer, he would be a multi-millionaire today. The beating he put that tiller thru was just unbelievable...............and he has done nothing to it at all. Absolutely nothing.

I love my Bush Hog tiller, but there is no way I would attempt to do what he did with that King Kutter.

/ Tractor tiller #18  
I have to say I also have a 60" KK tiller and have beat the snot out of it and it has never had a issue. I use it for foodplots and have took out numerous stumps that were buried it has a slip clutch and yes I have had to stop and dig the stump out before I could continue. I also used it at my BIL new house lst fall to get his yard ready for grass and he had fill brought in that was not the cleanest lots of cement in it and I found most of it and never had a issue. My tractor is 30 HP also and I run in low when tilling. It is slow but it does a beautiful job.

/ Tractor tiller #19  
Maschio's are really good, I have 3 of them. My E180 is 72" and I run it with my 4700, I've had this tiller for about 15 years It works really well, not really any complaints. But they do cost a bit more than the KK's but probably will last more since they are made in Italy. Here's some ideas on prices. https://www.forddistributing.com/t/products/rotary-tillers/ These tillers are pretty much indestructible, other than the yokes on the PTO shaft if you don't grease them. Gear Drives are also better than Chain Driven ones, so when your buying it's better to get a gear drive and maximum tines per flange on the tiller.

/ Tractor tiller #20  
We've had a 60" KKII for 5 years.
Made in USA.
Bought at TSC.
It gets lots of use behind our 32 hp machine.
I like it.
A lot.