Buying Advice Massey 184-4 Advice

/ Massey 184-4 Advice #1  

massey184ferguson

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 184-4
Mother in law is giving me a Massey Ferguson 184-4. 3200 Hours on it. Runs Good. Is this a good tractor? Is 3200 hours to much to start a small snowblowing (residential) business? :confused:
Thanks

/ Massey 184-4 Advice #2  
That's mighty big tractor for residential work. Not saying that it won't work, but it may be hard to use in driveways and such.

/ Massey 184-4 Advice #3  
That is a very good tractor. You can't kill the Perkins diesels. It could handle a 8 foot blower with ease.

That's mighty big tractor for residential work. Not saying that it won't work, but it may be hard to use in driveways and such.

I don't see how it is too big for driveways. My uncle and neighbor both have John Deere 2355's that they use and many others are clearing snow with 60-95hp tractors.

/ Massey 184-4 Advice #4  
That is a very good tractor. You can't kill the Perkins diesels. It could handle a 8 foot blower with ease.

I don't see how it is too big for driveways. My uncle and neighbor both have John Deere 2355's that they use and many others are clearing snow with 60-95hp tractors.
Maybe it isn't. I just thought it would be kinda large for city streets and small driveways. Unless I misunderstood the OP.

/ Massey 184-4 Advice #5  
Maybe it isn't. I just thought it would be kinda large for city streets and small driveways. Unless I misunderstood the OP.

I see a guy all the time down town clearing driveways with a Massey 283. One pass in with a 8' blower and he is done.

I think that the bigger tractor will allow to move large amounts of snow fast and effortlessly optimizing time that more driveways can be cleaned.

/ Massey 184-4 Advice #6  
I see a guy all the time down town clearing driveways with a Massey 283. One pass in with a 8' blower and he is done.

I think that the bigger tractor will allow to move large amounts of snow fast and effortlessly optimizing time that more driveways can be cleaned.
I saw a post from another 184-4 owner, and he is running an 8'7" blower on his

/ Massey 184-4 Advice #7  
Don87 said:
I saw a post from another 184-4 owner, and he is running an 8'7" blower on his

Even better. The bigger the better. More snow moved per pass =less passes = more driveways=more $$$

/ Massey 184-4 Advice
With 3200 hours on it, will it still be dependable? I mean it runs great, and has never let me down yet!

/ Massey 184-4 Advice #9  
With 3200 hours on it, will it still be dependable? I mean it runs great, and has never let me down yet!

Absolutely. 3200hours is barely broke in. Perkins diesels are known to run trouble free upwards of 10 000hours only requiring regular maintenance.

/ Massey 184-4 Advice #10  
Mother in law is giving me a Massey Ferguson 184-4. 3200 Hours on it. Runs Good. Is this a good tractor? Is 3200 hours to much to start a small snowblowing (residential) business? :confused:
Thanks

Great little tractor and low hours too :)