Comparison Stoutest rotary cutter?

/ Stoutest rotary cutter?
Well tomorrow I'm going to go check out the Rhino line. And i finally found a couple REAL Bush Hog dealers so I'm gonna check them out too.

So I went to a few dealers today. Taylor Way was a bust. I got there and the salesman said that he had just received a new price sheet that morning and their medium duty 366 went from $1290 to $1710. The 486 that I liked went from $1890 to $2300. So I'm gonna stick with a big name. Bush hog Squealer 172 was $1800. Woods BB72x was $2095 and it looks a lot heavier than the Bush Hog. The hitch just looks kind of weak on the BH. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems in that area with their BH Squealer.

/ Stoutest rotary cutter? #33  
I thought the Squealer BH was the bottom of the line cutter from Bush Hog. I would check the specs ON LINE and compare the different models from each manufacturer then price comparable mowers. I would want a gear box at least 25 HP rated higher than my tractor or more. 1/4" plate all around including top which is where most rust out occurs and one with plenty of bracing for stiffness of deck. Also look at how the tail wheels are mounted. Some brands are really wimpy and see a lot of them bent. Look at the 3 PH brackets for robustness and make sure that they have the swivel joint so the tail end can ride up without stressing your top link. Some just have pin while the better quality have a swivel joint that allows a lot of movement up without binding anything

/ Stoutest rotary cutter? #34  
This is one that I got rebuilt using Bushhog 307 gears, stump jumper and shaft. It is all 1/4" checker plate which is a bit thicker and heavier than regular 1/4" plate. I had the heavy dual plate type 3 PH put on and dual wheels on the tail to help it track more level on my mostly hilly terrain. Also you can see the swivel at the top link that was added to the original 3 PH frame. finished 7ft 001.JPG7ft #2 002.JPG

Gary Fowler said:
I thought the Squealer BH was the bottom of the line cutter from Bush Hog. I would check the specs ON LINE and compare the different models from each manufacturer then price comparable mowers. I would want a gear box at least 25 HP rated higher than my tractor or more. 1/4" plate all around including top which is where most rust out occurs and one with plenty of bracing for stiffness of deck. Also look at how the tail wheels are mounted. Some brands are really wimpy and see a lot of them bent. Look at the 3 PH brackets for robustness and make sure that they have the swivel joint so the tail end can ride up without stressing your top link. Some just have pin while the better quality have a swivel joint that allows a lot of movement up without binding anything

The squealer 172 is in the same class as the woods bb72x,land pride 1872 or 2072, and the rhino 172. However after seeing it in person and then seeing the woods there's really no comparison. The woods and land pride are just a lot beefier especially in the hitch. Nice rebuild on that old Hog. I don't think my tractor would pick it up but I like the way it was done.

/ Stoutest rotary cutter? #36  
I went stout when my last rotary cutter and bought a Land Pride RCR1860. It was a good choice for me. I like the Woods stuff also. I have a PRD7200 RFM. Both were good choices for me.

whistlepig said:
I went stout when my last rotary cutter and bought a Land Pride RCR1860. It was a good choice for me. I like the Woods stuff also. I have a PRD7200 RFM. Both were good choices for me.

My Kubota dealer has a guy that's thinking about trading in an RCR1872. If he does I'll probably buy it. It supposedly was very lightly used and is in showroom condition. We'll see....If he doesn't ill probably go for the Woods BB72x or the LP 2072. They look pretty heavy duty and I can afford them. Going any heavier is pushing me towards $3000 and I just can't do that right now.

/ Stoutest rotary cutter? #38  
brown makes the toughest 6 foot cutter .best cutter for the money ,that's hard to say. i would price bush hog and john deere then rhino or land pride then woods and bush wacker then others.

/ Stoutest rotary cutter? #39  
The bb72 is more in my price range but the 720 is very nice heavy cutter. I've looked at their blade change system and it does look handy.
I you want a stout cutter as the title says look at the BB720. I would say that the BB72 is a good cutter but it is not up to what you say you are wanting. It fits into the category of the Landpride, King Cutter and others. A very nice unit but it is a light duty unit just like 90% of all the others mentioned.

/ Stoutest rotary cutter? #40  
I you want a stout cutter as the title says look at the BB720. I would say that the BB72 is a good cutter but it is not up to what you say you are wanting. It fits into the category of the Landpride, King Cutter and others. A very nice unit but it is a light duty unit just like 90% of all the others mentioned.

Land Pride and King Cutter are not at all in the same category. Not even close. I have owned both.