Tractor
    None yet

Default Bobcat 610

I recently bought 6 acres. I am planning to set up a little wood lot as I own a small bandsaw mill. I am planning to build on this place and will need something to do snow removal.
    I have been looking at buying a tractor or skidsteer to help move logs, plow snow, and do some odd stuff.
    I have found a bobcat 610 that a guy will sell for $1500, he said it runs good but needs a new clutch.
    What do you all think? Is it a good deal or should I hold out for something else?

I am comfortable doing the mechanic work on it, as long as I can find a manual.

Tractor
    gravely 812

Default Re: Bobcat 610

I have a late 60's melroe 600 which is identical (with very minor differences like loader arm pin hardness). you can buy the copied manual on ebay for about $80 as I did and there are plenty of guys with them who post repair videos on youtube for tricky stuff like engine swapouts. The wisconsin motor is air cooled and around 24-27 hp so is up to pretty good loader work. Don't expect to move over the ground very smoothly at there is no suspension. I'd use a tractor with chains to haul logs if you don't need the tight turning of a skid steer because you will pay in terms of ease of running over uneven terrain.