Help: Is this a good offer for my 8n?

/ Help: Is this a good offer for my 8n? #1  

edrrt

Tractor
8n
Greetings all.

I have a 1951 8n that my grandfather bought new and has been on our farm ever since. Barn stored, no dents, still has original paint. Always starts on the first crank. Has strong wagner power loader and large box blade on the back. Also has post hole digger. New front tires, 80% rear, fluid filled. Greasy, but good working tractor that my grandad kept up on the maintenance. Has occasional drip from the R hydraulic cylinder on loader, some oil residue on muffler, dent in muffler, fuel reserve feature does not work (prob needs cleaned), otherwise no other problems or leaks. I asked $3,500, guy offered $2,700. Is this a fair price?

Good Ford 8n Tractor Loader

Any input would be fantastic.

Thanks everyone!

/ Help: Is this a good offer for my 8n? #2  
IMHO, it is worth the $3500...
How bad do you want to sell it?

/ Help: Is this a good offer for my 8n? #3  
We also have one and have been considering selling it. I have watched Craigslist for a year and 90% seems to be in the $2000 - 2500 range with others lower. Haven't seem one yet over 2750 and have probably seen 50 or more.

What's amazing is they still start on the first crank. Great product. Will my JD do that in 50 years?

/ Help: Is this a good offer for my 8n?
Well, I don't need to sell it. But I'm getting some new equipment so I probably won't be using it anymore and I worry if it sits it will just deteriorate. Plus, I consider it kind of a specialty item so I'm not sure how many buyers are out there For a 70-year-old tractor even though it works well. Bird in the hand thinking I guess.

/ Help: Is this a good offer for my 8n? #5  
Is it a 1949 that is stated in the ad or a 1951 stated in your post? I traded in my 52N and got 2200. for it. Personally, I think the market for the older tractors is falling off - at least in my area.

/ Help: Is this a good offer for my 8n? #6  
It's not likely a 1949 because it has a Proof Meter/tach. It almost looks like the generator is on the left side, which would make it a 1950 or later. It really depends on how much the buyer wants the loader, because without it, you're looking at roughly a $2k machine. Anything above $2500 has to be really nice these days.

Last edited:
   / Help: Is this a good offer for my 8n? #7  
This tractor and the implements has stayed at roughly the same price it's whole life. In 1952 my grandfather bought one with some equipment for 1900.00 The same year they bought 242 acres in the country. When I was in high school - the late 70's - the tractor was worth 2000. Today the same tractor still in the family would bring 2000. They are great on that 5 to 10 acre place.

/ Help: Is this a good offer for my 8n? #9  
Around here that would be a high price ,but there are so many sign and drive buyers the older 2 wheel drive tractor market is low .

/ Help: Is this a good offer for my 8n? #10  
sounds like it is in really great shape and u can wait for right buyer to come along.... i think i'd stay firm at $3500. maybe wash and polish it. box blade and loader and history and tires all add to value, post hole digger too...am about to talk myself into an even higher number, keep battery charged...if it doesnt start, value drops to $1500 or less quickly