Anyone know anything about Challenger tractors?

/ Anyone know anything about Challenger tractors? #1  

redraider

I am still shopping for a 30-35 engine hp tractor. While I was on AGCO's website looking at Masseys, I saw their Challenger line distributed by Caterpillar. Anyone know anything about these tractors? I know they have Iseki engines, but what about quality? Pretty big dealer network.

/ Anyone know anything about Challenger tractors? #2  
I almost bought an AGCO tractor. AGCO owns lots of companies. I think they claim the AGCO models "replace" the defunct Allis Chalmers line. I think most of their AGCO models will correspond to a Massey Ferguson model since AGCO owns them as well. From what I saw everything is the same. For instance I almost bought the AGCO ST 30X and it is the same specs. as the MF 1429.

Probably also true with the Challenger line.

From what I heard they are perfectly fine tractors. The only problem was that by me they were $1000 more than the comparable Deere. They were less than the "same" MF model though.

/ Anyone know anything about Challenger tractors? #3  
I looked at the Challengers at a farm show. They are built by Iseki and are very similar to the Iseki TA series. I was impressed with them, but they seem a little pricey.

/ Anyone know anything about Challenger tractors? #5  
They are the same as the compact Agco ST series and the compact Massey. I have an Agco ST35 and they are pretty good machines.