but now have an open mind about both. I own a Deere
and a NH. I originally thought the price of the NH was closer
to that of a Deere. I was wrong. I want a cab, loader, and am
interested if any of you folks who are NOT dealers think there are
any must have options. I will use it on an 850 acre farm, and plow
and plant about 75 acres with it per year. I will also bush hog
and might bale with it. I would really appreciate comments regarding
the strengths and weaknesses of each. I would also consider the
T5070 since it is the same size as the 5060 with a little extra HP.
I can't go any larger due to the fact that some areas I go into
cant accommodate any larger. Thanks for your help.

/ Deere 5100 M vs NH T5060 #2  
I was very close to buying the 5100M,
but now have an open mind about both. I own a Deere
and a NH. I originally thought the price of the NH was closer
to that of a Deere. I was wrong. I want a cab, loader, and am
interested if any of you folks who are NOT dealers think there are
any must have options. I will use it on an 850 acre farm, and plow
and plant about 75 acres with it per year. I will also bush hog
and might bale with it. I would really appreciate comments regarding
the strengths and weaknesses of each. I would also consider the
T5070 since it is the same size as the 5060 with a little extra HP.
I can't go any larger due to the fact that some areas I go into
cant accommodate any larger. Thanks for your help.

I've been looking at an open station 5085m and a few must haves for me are the block style loader hose coupler 32/16 hi lo transmission and the h260 loader with 3rd function. Haven't looked at NH but am considering doing so as well. I've seen some dealers putting a 553 loader on the M's and it looks way too small for the tractor. I got used to the hi lo transmissions on my 2240 and am afraid ill miss it if I don't get it. Also, I plan on doing a lot of brush work and so I think the 3rd function is a must for that.

/ Deere 5100 M vs NH T5060
I am really interested in HP. Seems to me that
They don't always compare them apples to apples
I suspect some entity does, but not sure who?
The 16x16 tran. is fine for me on the 5100.

/ Deere 5100 M vs NH T5060 #4  
I hear you on the HP comparisons. The only place i know of is tractordata.com and the Nebraska test results. Do you have any concerns about the Tier 4 engines in the new JD's? They got me a little spooked.

/ Deere 5100 M vs NH T5060 #5  
the jd 5105m would be my preference.mainly because of previous experience with both brands .for me jd parts and dealer network is superior.

the jd 5105m would be my preference.mainly because of previous experience with both brands .for me jd parts and dealer network is superior.

Any other reasons other than parts and service.

I hear you on the HP comparisons. The only place i know of is tractordata.com and the Nebraska test results. Do you have any concerns about the Tier 4 engines in the new JD's? They got me a little spooked.

What are your concerns?

What are your concerns?

Okay now I am concerned - is this the first
year for a tier 4 on this model JD?

What about NH? Where can I go to do a little
on line research.

/ Deere 5100 M vs NH T5060 #9  
If i'm not mistaken 2012 was the first year for the Tier 4. The JD salesman told me the very first batch from the factory had some bugs and to stay away from them but said after that they've not had any problems. I know you can still buy a tier 3 in the JD E series and they go up to 86 pto hp.

My only concerns are the unknown with them because they are new. Will there be more maintenance costs? etc. I really dont much about how they work except i've been told its kinda like a catalytic converter on a car. The salesman said either the 2014 or 2015 model year would start to require the addition of urea to treat the exhaust.

The T4000 line from NH is still tier 3 and if i read it right the T5060 still is too. You might just pick up a brochure from NH, thats where i saw that the T4000's were tier 3. I tried to post a link for you below.

Tractors New Holland T5000New - Models, technical data and characteristics

/ Deere 5100 M vs NH T5060 #10  
I haven't run a NH before, but the 5M's open station or cab control layouts are a lot better than a NH any day. Deere is still in Interim Tier 4 not full Tier 4 quite yet. For regens on the DPF you can regen while you work, or when it needs to regen you can disable it and come back to it later. Kind of like a remind me later function, but it won't remind you so you can do it later. I believe you can just put it in the parked regen and leave it and it will do its thing until its done or do it on the go in the auto mode.