Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050???

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #11  
I'm with Brian and Larry. The 5000 series NH is considerably bigger than the M9540. I looked at the 5000 series when I was shopping and decided it was too big and bulky for what I needed. I came within a hair of buying a NH 4050 but the deal fell thru.

I wouldn't worry at all about 500 hours on a tractor that's not had a loader or the 3pt used. The NH4050 I was after was used with 214 hours, no loader, minimal 3pt use, pulled a hay conditioner or rake. It was like a new tractor.

If both tractors are 12 speeds they would both have hydraulic shuttle as mentioned before. Also the difference is that NH uses a 4spd synchronized main box and a 3spd non-sychronized range box. Kubota uses a 6spd synchronized main box and a 2spd non-synchronized range box. I liked Kubotas setup better because it gave me 6 speeds on the go versus NH offering 4 speeds.

Either way you are going to end up with an excellent tractor. The decision might be down to that color preference you mentioned!!! :)

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #12  
I could show you 100hp tractors that never had anything on 3point cause everything they have is pull-type,you just don't see them using 3point,they are big tractors for big equipment to pull larger disc,big balers and batwing mowers. I would be looking more at draw bar wear,tire wear,pull the dip sticks,what the interior looks like if its not taking care of,etc.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050???
Looked at the 9540 today. Nice tractor the price $49,975.00 the list on it is $59,995.00 I'm waiting on new holland to sharpen their pencil some more And come back with final numbers. Oh the price on the 9540 is with loader,loaded tires, two rear remotes cab with ac/heat, lights, mirrors, ag tires, la1353 loader with QA and grill guard.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050???
Oh and 4x4 of course.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #15  
Sounds like a pretty good price on the M9540; decisions, decisions.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #16  
While you are waiting, go on the CNH >> HOME website and build/price a new NH5050. They are considerably more expensive new than the Kubota. Again, because you are buying more tractor. I'd really look hard at the size and features of each tractor to make the decision.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #17  
No doubt the NH is more tractor and very attractive if you need the extra size and weight, it would not work for our needs as the lighter weight of the Kubota allows us to use it in more places, I have actually mowed my son's yard with ours pulling a 10' pull type rotary cutter. We often run through his yard getting from one field to the other and it doesn't cause damage a heavier tractor would, also applies to our pond levies. We can get onto our property when it is not as dry as would be needed with a heavier tractor. We also use ours in the woods and a few inches turning radius makes the difference in getting through and getting hung up.

For other things, the weight and added size of the NH will be an advantage and would be the ideal choice. I like big, eavy tractors and wish I had the use for one.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #19  
used nh or new kubota same horsepower that's easy i would get the kubota.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #20  
Looked at the 9540 today. Nice tractor the price $49,975.00 the list on it is $59,995.00 I'm waiting on new holland to sharpen their pencil some more And come back with final numbers. Oh the price on the 9540 is with loader,loaded tires, two rear remotes cab with ac/heat, lights, mirrors, ag tires, la1353 loader with QA and grill guard.

My L5740 was $41K with loader, ended up $48k when I added every option available.
So you have a great price, I think.

There is definitely a weight difference. Kubtotas are generally lighter. If you need ground engagement, then maybe the NH, if you want to hay, then Kubota. Make a list of pro's and con's of each side by side. You'll have no problem choosing then.