Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050???

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #21  
My L5740 was $41K with loader, ended up $48k when I added every option available.
So you have a great price, I think.

There is definitely a weight difference. Kubtotas are generally lighter. If you need ground engagement, then maybe the NH, if you want to hay, then Kubota. Make a list of pro's and con's of each side by side. You'll have no problem choosing then.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY, and there is a place and purpose for each type. When a person is multi tasking using the same tractor, then they usually have to compromise in some manner. ;)

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050???
The final price on the New Holland is exactly $1,000.00 more. I'm going to think it over for a few days and weigh my options. Thanks for all the input guys. I'll post pics of the one I get once I take delivery.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #23  
A couple more things to consider - The Kubota you mentioned is a mechanical shuttle. That means a dry clutch. Certainly less operator friendly than the power shuttle, especially in loader operation, and an obvious expense at some point down the road. The wet clutches in the NH have been extremely durable in my experience. So far I have yet to see any failures in my circles. The down side with NH is the electronics - not the most reliable systems out there. The computer has complete control over the clutch packs, with no practical means of bypassing the system in the event of an electrical malfunction. Some owners have had very good service from their power shuttles, others, not so much. Failures in this area are not only a nuisance but can be expensive. If the T5050 you are considering is a local trade, I suggest you try to locate the previous owner for some feedback on the tractor's history.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #24  
To the best of my knowledge and the Kubota website, the 9540 4x4 is only available with the hydro shuttle transmission. Either 12x12 or 24x24, so this should not have to be a consideration.

One other thing to add in my decision is the new holland comes with a 22 month warranty.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #26  
I found the same thing as MtnViewRanch, the dealer must have his information wrong, some of the smaller M Series may have the synchro shuttle but not the M95/8540's.

Good luck in deciding which is best for you, you really will wind up with a good tractor either way, so it's a win win.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #27  
I found the same thing as MtnViewRanch, the dealer must have his information wrong, some of the smaller M Series may have the synchro shuttle but not the M95/8540's.

Good luck in deciding which is best for you, you really will wind up with a good tractor either way, so it's a win win.
I looked at a 8540 sync.shuttle but was a 8x8, thought the 12x12's were only in hyd.shuttle.

When you went and looked at the Kubota did it have a metal bar close to the forward and reverse lever fordman?

Yeah it had a metal bar he said the one I was looking at was a hydro shuttle but they make a mechanical. He orders all of his hydro shuttle.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #29  
I looked at a 8540 sync.shuttle but was a 8x8, thought the 12x12's were only in hyd.shuttle.

When you went and looked at the Kubota did it have a metal bar close to the forward and reverse lever fordman?

I stand corrected, don't know how I missed it, but one spec sheet says no, but the PDF says yes, Kubota website shows an 8/8 Snchro-shuttle, but only Hydro-shuttle in the F12/R12 and up.

http://www.kubota.com/product/M5140/M5140.aspx

http://www.kubota.com/product/M5040/pdf/m40series_spec.pdf

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #30  
IMG-20130207-00157.jpg