Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050???

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050???
Awesome the NH is a larger heavier tractor generally a good thing for a tractor of that size. I'm sure you'll be happy
i looked hard at the T4000 series when i bought the kubota at that time NH stopped building them and was gearing up the T4s i could not find one on the lots that had what i wanted. I ended up with orange instead no regrets.

Dave

Yeah the 9540 or any kubota really are fine tractors That I would be proud to own. I just feel the T5050 fits my needs better. And before this gets into a brand bashing thread like so many other threads have done. I think all the tractor makers make fine tractors not just NH and Kubota. Thumbs up.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #42  
Well they came down some more on the NH so it's a done deal they are installing the loader today and should deliver it Thursday. I will post pics once its delivered.

Wahoooo!
Congratulations! We're all looking forward to some pics!

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #43  
Thanks for the information Dave, I thought I remembered someone had an 8 speed, but couldn't remember. My sons and I both operate our tractors and usually run one to two gears higher than I do or even in a different range, I really like the choices of a 12 speed, but used a four, five and six speed for many years farming. I guess it is what you get use to.

No problem i would have liked the 12 spd and the extra 3 pt capacity but i had to draw the line somewhere. As i was already buying a tractor that is about 40-50hp more tractor than what 80% of the people on this forum would recommend and every single dealer for my usage. I was also planing ahead for the future. Prior this tractor i was using a 6 speed so 8 is still an upgrade :) i still have not had to ask my neighbors to use their compact tractors but they keep coming to me to use my services

Dave

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #44  
Yeah the 9540 or any kubota really are fine tractors That I would be proud to own. I just feel the T5050 fits my needs better. And before this gets into a brand bashing thread like so many other threads have done. I think all the tractor makers make fine tractors not just NH and Kubota. Thumbs up.

Agreed they are both excellent tractors and both have their strenghts. if its going to live in the field the NH is better suited than the 9540 you would have to go to a larger kubota for fair comparison. NH has more experience building the larger tractors as this is their core business for them. Where as kubota is more into the compacts and utility tractors.

Dave

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #45  
No problem i would have liked the 12 spd and the extra 3 pt capacity but i had to draw the line somewhere. As i was already buying a tractor that is about 40-50hp more tractor than what 80% of the people on this forum would recommend and every single dealer for my usage. I was also planing ahead for the future. Prior this tractor i was using a 6 speed so 8 is still an upgrade :) i still have not had to ask my neighbors to use their compact tractors but they keep coming to me to use my services

Dave

Oh, I know what you mean. I use the L5740 on 90+ percent of the stuff on my home farm, but from time to time, I have to go get our M8540. I had a bad washout this spring and my son got on one side of the washout with the M8540 and I got on the other side with the L5740 and there were times the L5740 just wouldn't get it done.

Of course I use the L5740 on the other farm too, but unless it is just convenience or clearance, the M8540 does it.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #46  

Agreed, I could be happy on orange/green/blue/red etc., no brand promotion/bashing here.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #47  
Well they came down some more on the NH so it's a done deal they are installing the loader today and should deliver it Thursday. I will post pics once its delivered.
I think that was a wise move. The NH is a lot more tractor for the same money, since you're getting it used. :thumbsup:

Picture sent from dealer tractor has loader on ready for clean up and delivery tomorrow. :)

Attachments

• image-195895887.jpg
    image-195895887.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 446
   / Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #49  
Very nice what size are the front tires they look wide in that shot

Dave

The front tires are 380-85-r24
The rear are 460-85-R34