Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050???

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #61  
lol Yeah my forks are off of a 4000# lift capacity hyster, welded to a quick tach plate with a fair bit of reinforcement to the plate.. I have an un-liftable object I can test it out on to make sure the relief valve works correctly! The added height will be a bonus too.. But the biggest advantage is the FWA, as my 5100 is 2wd, which is OK, but not ideal...
Jonathan

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050???
I've been out of town working so haven't been home to use my new T5050 yet :thumbsdown: Ahhh work. Well I have always said I would rather be too busy struggling to keep up than sitting at home with nothing to do and no money coming in :thumbsup: Ok so here is why I'm posting even though I'm not home to use it I am looking for stuff for it :cool: What do you guys think of this Box blade can it handle the 95 hp beast :confused: It is rated for 50hp to 100 hp but is 95hp too close to the upper limits of it's ratings? 96" Category I&II XTreme Duty Box Blade by Everything Attachments

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #63  
In my opinion no. Although they claim "extreme duty" it really isn't. Look at the weight of that thing, it's only 815 lbs for an 8' blade. Compare that to the "only" heavy duty (not "extreme" duty) landpride HR3584. I believe that blade is close to 1200 lbs and although not rated for 100 hp like the one you linked to, it's a whole lot stronger than that EA one.
You have to be careful how companies rate their equipment. I find that EA rates theirs as stronger than many do and name them to sound super heavy duty when they really aren't. Just compare their specs to other HD box blades and even rotary cutters for example.

I have a landpride HRL 3578 and it weighs 981 lbs at only 6.5' wide and also it's a low profile design. It is very well built and I would use it on your tractor but even then, you still have the power and weight to tear up a HD implement.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #64  
I honestly can't say, but Piston makes some interesting observations. I prefer a 1000+ for that size tractor and use a Land Pride HR3584 weighing 1117 pounds and looks like the Woods Gannon HD24284HB Box Scraper. HD24284HB Landscape Equipment, the HD24484HSD Box Scraper is a bit stronger and you can get them stronger than that. We don't have a Woods dealer close, so I went with Land Pride and it has worked well, may not be as strong as the Woods; just don't know. I can't go heavier as I use mine on our M8540 and L5740.

The Land Pride says it is only good for 65 HP, but is made of the same material dimensions as the Woods rate to 80 HP and no stress or strain so far. In my opinion, to get the full potential out of that much HP and weight, you are going to want a pretty heavy box blade, not knocking EA stuff, just stating some opinions.

Good luck shopping.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #65  
If you want the thing to work and not have structural problems, don't get anything that is less than 125lbs per foot of width. The ideal unit for you would be 1200-1600lbs ;)

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050???
If you want the thing to work and not have structural problems, don't get anything that is less than 125lbs per foot of width. The ideal unit for you would be 1200-1600lbs ;)

Thanks to everyone for the replies for far. The weight was a concern of mine too. The actual strength I'm up in the air on the video goes over how the built it and it seems built very strong. I'm going to look at some of the other products that people have suggested.

MtnViewRanch,

If you would PM me the price on the Top and tilt and the part number I will probably be looking to order in the next week or so.

Thanks,
Fordman