Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050???

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #1  

Fordman1981

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400 Gear Ag Tires
Hey guys I won't have the final numbers until tomorrow but so far It looks like I can get either of these tractors for right around the same money. The M9540 is new with cab FEL MFWD and 2 rear remotes ag tires. The T5050 is a bigger tractor and dealer said a class size up from the M9540. The T5050 has 514hrs on it but the 3ph has not been used even once no FEL use they will install the FEL if I chose to buy this tractor. They told me it was used for a cart puller and nothing else and you can see the 3ph ends have factory paint and nothing has ever been hooked up to it. I am leaning towards the New Holland one because I like the color :thumbsup: though that is the last thing I'm basing my decision on. The question I pose is do you guys think the NH is more tractor like I do or would you go for the unused new M9540. Oh and the M9540 is Mechanical Shuttle the NH is Power Shuttle. both 12x12 transmissions. Thanks in advance for your guys input.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #2  
How is the T5050 a bigger tractor? They are both 95hp the NH is definitely not a class up. A class up would take it out of the Utility tractor class to the Ag class. It's not.
Take a look at the interior and controls of both. You might find that the NH is inferior maybe even archaic compared to the Kubota. Not sure why. NH makes an awesome tractor, but it seems they spend more time on their Ag tractor sizes than their Utility tractor sizes. Please don't think that I'm knocking NH. I'm a fan!
That said, Kubota makes a fantastic tractor. Almost everything built "in-house". That means better quality control, (no, the best quality control). They build everything, but the tires, belts misc small stuff. NO other tractor manufacture can claim that! And... they're assembled here in the U.S. Yes the the company is Japanese, but look at everyone else. Their money goes to other countries too. Yup even John Deere.
I think that you will be extremely happy with both tractors. In my humble opinion, I believe that you will be happier in the Kubota.

Post pix of which ever you get!
Andy

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050???
I haven't went and looked at the M9540 yet but on a site he pulled up it compared the M9540 to the frame size below the T5050 which is the T4050. maybe he meant a different series tractor. I am a Kubota fan too I have a L4400 and love it. I also had a TC33D and it was a great tractor as well. I'm going to look at the M9540 tomorrow. The M9540 may be the same horse power but I think the weight is like 2000lbs less than the T5050. Thanks for your reply I'm looking for every view of this before I make a decision and appreciate your input.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #4  
Either way I would go with the new,even if it was the other way around. 500hrs isn't that much but think of how long it would take you to put that on a new one...
Can always add weight if you really need more #

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #5  
The NH is 2757lbs heavier than the Kubota. 4" longer wheelbase, 14" longer in overall length, 10" taller. Sounds like a different size class to me. I would say closer to the size difference between the M7040 and the M9540. And actually there is a quite a bit bigger difference than what the two Kubotas are.

As long as you have the room, you have the capability of doing A LOT more work in the same amount of time using the New Holland. Of course it will depend on what type of work you will be doing to take advantage of the increased capabilities of the New Holland. With 500 hours, it just got the bugs worked out of it. ;)

Just my :2cents:

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050???
MVR thanks for the info you're the one that supply's hydraulic top and tilts right? What would a setup for the t5050 cost?

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #7  
I don't think that Kubota puts a mechanical shuttle in the 12 speed. Is it six speeds in two ranges?

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #8  
Also there are people right now that would jump at the chance for a new M9540 since they have been replaced with the M9960, which has all the new emission control junk on it.

/ Kubota M9540 or New Holland T5050??? #10  
That is a tough call, the NH sounds like a heavier duty unit if that is what you need. I "believe" the M9540 will be a more nimble tractor if that is important. In the end, I guess it depends on what types of work on which you are going to use the tractor. I would go look at both, drive them, check the cab features and controls to see which fits you best. I wouldn't consider the hours on the NH significant or the year model unless you are thinking about resale value then it may or may not be an issue.

Like I said, though choice and I would have to look at them both to decide myself, both are good tractors, one may be better than the other, but I sure don't know which one.