Dump trailer, Finally decided what I am buying.

/ Dump trailer, Finally decided what I am buying. #11  
Those are nice looking trailers. It sounds like you got a good deal on it. One thing I don't like that all dump trailer manufacturers do but is easily fixable is put the battery in the toolbox without a vent kit. Looks like to me over a period of time that would rust the box and everything inside it.

/ Dump trailer, Finally decided what I am buying.
Those are nice looking trailers. It sounds like you got a good deal on it. One thing I don't like that all dump trailer manufacturers do but is easily fixable is put the battery in the toolbox without a vent kit. Looks like to me over a period of time that would rust the box and everything inside it.

There is a hole to vent the box in the back about 2".
I have some spray in bed liner and may line the inside of the battery box.

It's a beauty. I have been lucky to borrow one. I like the size of your. Must have a large truck to handle this.

I have a 1998 Chevy 1 ton dooley with a 454 / 7.4L.

/ Dump trailer, Finally decided what I am buying. #13  

Agree. Fix it by using a marine style plastic box to place the battery in and your done.

/ Dump trailer, Finally decided what I am buying.
That would be an easy solution!
Thanks

/ Dump trailer, Finally decided what I am buying. #15  
Is your trailer wired so, it will charge the dump battery from the truck when plugged in ? Mine wasn't but is now

/ Dump trailer, Finally decided what I am buying. #16  
kenmac said:
Is your trailer wired so, it will charge the dump battery from the truck when plugged in ? Mine wasn't but is now

You have any details on how to wire this?

/ Dump trailer, Finally decided what I am buying. #17  
I have always wanted a dump trailer, and it would have to be long enough to haul my tractor and have ramps also. The only problem I have is the trailer would have to have a 12 to 14K GVRW, and here in PA if you go over 10K you are legally required to have a combination registration which from what I have heard is a real PITA! So consequently I just have never bought one. There really isn't any reason to buy something that you can't use, although I do tow a 12K equipment trailer to haul my tractor now the truck is only a 3/4 ton 4x4 quad cab but it doesn't even know its back there. Rules and regulations are there for a reason but sometimes they are just stupid!

/ Dump trailer, Finally decided what I am buying. #18  
You have any details on how to wire this?

If you have a 7 pin plug .On the truck there will be 1 spade that is always hot ( it is on mine) Run a wire from the trailer batt to the same spade on the trailer plug.I installed a diode at the trailer batt. to keep from back feeding current .keeping 12v from being at the trailer plug when disconnected from the truck

/ Dump trailer, Finally decided what I am buying. #19  
What does one these babies cost roughly?

I bought mine from a rental company.It was time for them to sell it. Mine is somewhat like his.Mine is 16 ft long and has 2- 7K axles ,ramps in rear.I offered and bought it for 3 K I see he has 2 hyd. cylinders .(1 each side) where mine has only 1 large 1 in the center

/ Dump trailer, Finally decided what I am buying. #20  
Nice trailer , great price . It looks like they accidentally got some paint on the underside . I bought a new GN about 5 years ago , Diamond C . After looking at their site and reading all the bull about the paintjob they did I thought okay . Went to pick it up , crawled under it , crawled out , told dealer the deposit check was no good and waved good by .It looks yoy have a nice trailer .