Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    JOHN DEERE 2320

Default Re: Dump trailer, Finally decided what I am buying.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmac View Post
    Is your trailer wired so, it will charge the dump battery from the truck when plugged in ? Mine wasn't but is now
    I haven't picked it up yet.
    We just got 12" of fresh snow last night so I didn't want to make the 1 hour trip today.
    I'm sure it is, but if not I will connect the battery to the constant 12+ lead on the cord.
    I may add a solar charger. the "Legend" brand that I had been considering came with a solar charger.
    2012 JD 2320, HOMEMADE CANOPY, 54" FRONT BLADE, 54" MID DECK MOWER, HYDRAULIC ANGLE 60" REAR BLADE, QUICK HITCH, STAINLESS FRONT MOUNT SPRAY TANK W/BOOM, 200CX LOADER W/ 61" BUCKET, HOMEMADE BALLAST BOX,HOMEMADE BUCKET GRAPPLE
    1998 "BIG DOOLEY" Chevy K3500 Crew Cab (36.000 miles & counting)

United Steel Workers Union 12934

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Here is diagram of the trailer wiring. Depending on the vehicle you may have to run a wire for the charge. I think some dump trailers have a charge wire already hooked up on them.

Trailer Wiring Diagrams | etrailer.com
    Last edited by 94BULLITT; 02-08-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    Here is diagram of the trailer wiring. Depending on the vehicle you may have to run a wire for the charge. I think some dump trailers have a charge wire already on hooked.

Trailer Wiring Diagrams | etrailer.com

Good informative post, I have done business with etrailer for the last few years with good results.

Tractor
    JOHN DEERE 2320

I just sold my fifth wheel camper last summer.
    My truck is already set up with brake controller and 7 pin wiring harness.
    I just bought an 8 foot extension cord for the trailer harness.
    I mounted my trailer connector in the bed for the fifth wheel so now I needed a longer cord to reach to the dump trailer.
    I'm still waiting for my new receiver locking pin.
    Mailman never made it to the house with the storm today.
    2012 JD 2320, HOMEMADE CANOPY, 54" FRONT BLADE, 54" MID DECK MOWER, HYDRAULIC ANGLE 60" REAR BLADE, QUICK HITCH, STAINLESS FRONT MOUNT SPRAY TANK W/BOOM, 200CX LOADER W/ 61" BUCKET, HOMEMADE BALLAST BOX,HOMEMADE BUCKET GRAPPLE

Tractor
    JD 7720; Kubota M135GX, NH TS115A; JD 6230; Kubota L5740

I think if it is a high quality trailer it will have the charge system already in place. Mine has a controller to prevent high amperage flow which might damage the wiring. It is surprising how fast I can draw down a battery on mine if I ave a short haul so it doesn't get a chance to really recharge. The controller has a green light when the battery is being supplied power from the truck, but when it reaches the heat limit it cuts out. It really shows when dumping because when the green light is on, the motor will really spin (this is with a significantly depleted battery) but when the light goes off, it slows to a crawl. I solved the problem by putting a second battery in the box (my battery box has a large tool carry space) and run jumper cables to the main battery when I'm doing a lot of short haul dumping, and especially when I use my tractor for doing the ailing because it doesn't have power for charging.
    JD7720; KubotaM135GX; NH TS115A; JD6230; KubotaL5740

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

The Deka Marine Battery in my Texas Pride brand dump trailer of similar size would give me 7 dumps before a recharge was needed. I would not push it that low all the time because it will sulfate up on you. I forgot and left mine mostly discharged for about 3 months and it was never the same afterward and lasted only about 2 years.
    Jim

Tractor
    JOHN DEERE 2320

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    The Deka Marine Battery in my Texas Pride brand dump trailer of similar size would give me 7 dumps before a recharge was needed. I would not push it that low all the time because it will sulfate up on you. I forgot and left mine mostly discharged for about 3 months and it was never the same afterward and lasted only about 2 years.
    Dealer said the new trailer will dump 6-7 times without a recharge.
    I have battery maintainers for my truck and tractor and they are always hooked up when I am not using them.
    I have one for the new trailer also and RV power outlets on my property to plug it in.
    I will probably look for a marine shore line connector and mount it to the battery/pump box.
    -150bbi_0-jpg
    Marinco On-Board Charger Inlet 150BBI - iboats

Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

Quote Originally Posted by kenmac View Post
    Is your trailer wired so, it will charge the dump battery from the truck when plugged in ? Mine wasn't but is now
    I got a new CAM Superline this fall. There's a built in battery charger. There's a port on the battery box to plug in an extension cord. Should be a handy feature.
    Like the OP, I have the ramps stored underneath. I also went with the combo tailgate & tarp roller. Went with 12' so that I can get a Bobcat S185 into it.
    Time loves to be wasted. From that waste their is no salvage - Henry Ford

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 2001 Ford F450 w/Telsta A28D aerial lift • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

Tractor
    JOHN DEERE 2320

Well I took the day off and picked or the dump trailer.
    Dealer didn't have the lunette ring so I had to use the 2-5/16" ball coupler.
    I decided to order one off the internet when I got home.
    The trailer had white spoke wagon wheels but the dealer didn't have a spare to match.
    So I had them swap tires and rims from another trailer that had silver Mag Mods.
    I like the looks of them better anyway.
    I was home just after lunch and started fabricating a tarp roller.
    A replacement mesh tarp is around $75 - $85.
    I can't see why roller bearings are needed for something this simple.
    I am using 1" bar, pipe brackets and 1" sleeve collars to hold it in place.
    The trailer has been sitting outside for awhile and the silicone around the seams is weathered and peeling so I will reseal them this spring.
    Empty the truck didn't even know it was there, but there is enough tounge weight that it rode much nicer down the counrty roads.
    -new-dump-trailer-006-jpg -new-dump-trailer-007-jpg
    -new-dump-trailer-011-jpg -new-dump-trailer-012-jpg
    -new-dump-trailer-013-jpg -new-dump-trailer-014-jpg
    -new-dump-trailer-015-jpg -new-dump-trailer-018-jpg
    Tom

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

It looks nice Tom. I like the silver modular wheels, they are favorite trailer wheel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast